• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WC846 powder ?'s

BeltfedMG

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2006
BLAND MO
I have 2 8LB jugs of WC846 from when i had my reloader loading for me but i never gave it to him because he ended up moving and i now have no use for it, questions are, Is this for 223 or 308 or 45? He used to reload all three rnds for me and used different powders, not sure which this is for. Second, since im not reloading and have no one i trust to do it for me, whats this stuff worth? Any help is appreciated.

Re: WC846 powder ?'s

Shotgun News always carries an ad for an Ohio man that deals in alot of surplus powders, bullets and brass.

Get a copy and look on the last few pages, a simple unassuming ad under reloading components.

My cuz did some business with him and I got some of the powder. OK stuff, very cheap back then but I now use Varget.

Good Luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeltfedMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool thanks, cant seem to find any for sale, got an idea on price? </div></div>

Like I said 80-100 per 8lb. Usually it's pulldown that you find at gunshows and online places like wideners or powdervalley. I think hitechammo has it too.

I talked to the old geezer and he says 23.5 grains in 223 with heavies and 41.5 w/168 in his m1a. He also says that some batches are much faster or slower than others so if you use it use 748 data but start low.

I have the same stuff, works great in 223 and 308 with bullets up to 68 and 168gr respectively.

I bought my stuff just before the 2008 "rush" and paid $95/jug plus hazmat. I bought 5 jugs at the time and split the hazmat across them all.