• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WCRC 2x1000 4-5-09 Results

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Results in the thread below

Re: WCRC 2x1000 4-5-09 Tullahoma TN

Looks like we're going to have a good day for it tomorrow. The rain chance dropped to 40% and it's all after 3PM. We should be around 62* at 9AM and 71 at 3PM. With just a few matches this year, I hope to see some of you out!

I wanted to make it out to shoot. I have to work on irrigation in the morning and in the afternoon I have to attend a visitation at the funeral home. Sling Lead!!!

Nervous

Shooters,

Warren County Rifle Club held it’s first match of the 2009 Long-Range season. We had 23 shooters come out to enjoy the range, with Jerry Southard, David Hickman and Gary Hughey being AEDC first timers. The range staff had the firing line in good shape, especially considering the amount of rain we’ve had as of late. I’d also like to thank Clyde Kunz and the work party that come out and squared away the range shed. It made the day go much smoother.
Weather turned out to be nice the entire day. Start temperature was about 65*F and it was roughly 70*F when we stopped. There were no wind flags (both of ours walked away from the target house) but mirage was good up until the last two relays of the day. Skies were overcast and wind was light and shifting. Not the most challenging day AEDC has had, but the let off’s and fishtailing winds were hard to keep up with and scores reflect the conditions. First round down was 10:20hrs and we called cease fire at 15:00hrs.
In the Any Rifle class we had eight shooters come out. That’s a decent number for an AEDC club match that we’ll hopefully continue to see. Topping the Any Rifle shooters, by a good margin, was Jack Little. Jack just set a barrel back and needed zero’s. A few shots to confirm a zero and he hammered out the high match of the day (199) in less then 10 minutes from the time he touched off his first sighter. Jack’s AGG for the day was 392-16, besting the next highest shooter, Matt Kubic’s 382-11 by a 10 point margin. Emil Kovan, TN 2008 F Class Champion, was back stateside and slung up in a new iron sight Elissio 6BR tube gun that hammers. Chris Jackson made the trip out from Columbia and shoot a pair of 180’s with a spacegun and 80gr SMK’s and I think the most interesting activity of the day was watching Dean Herron shoot a box of 30-338Win that was loaded more then 40 years ago!
F Open saw nine shooters come out, with Randy Graham and a new 6.5x284 taking top F Open for the day. Randy bought a bunch of Joe Robinson’s parts and assembled an excellent rifle. Randy’s 378-9X was six points the better of Donnie Corbin’s 372-8X. Jerry Southard, an AEDC newcomer, was third with a 371-6X. We also saw David Hickman switch from a borrowed F TR to a borrowed F-Open and put up a 364-4X his first time at 1000 yards. Not bad, and he doesn’t have to clean the rifles or load the ammo!
F TR had six shooters come out and Laura Perry took top honors with a 351. David Barley was next in class with a 344-3X. Gary Hughley, AEDC first timer, shot a 331-2X his first time at 1000 yards.
I’d like to thank all the shooters for coming out and making this a fun, safe and enjoyable match. I’d also like to reiterate the thank you to both the TNNG for their assistance at the range and to Clyde and crew for helping to tame the monster we know as the target house! I’d also like to take this opportunity to wish Tim K., one of our 5SFG shooters, a quick recovery and send out a prayer for all of our armed service members in harms way.
Our next long-range match is scheduled for May 24th (Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend). This is scheduled for a 3x1000 ® pending NRA approval. I will reconfirm the date with the Guard when we get closer, but for now the date seems solid.
As always, if you have any question about this or upcoming matches, or recommendations please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Until next time,

All X’s and 10’s.

Chris Hayes

Any Rifle

Jack Little 392-16X
Matt Kubic 382-11X
Chris Hayes 380-12X
Emil Kovan 379-11X
Billy Canady 378-12X
Dean Herron 377-6X
Mark Woods 376-10X
Chris Jackson 360-6X

F-Open