• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WCRC 2x1000 Match results 2-21-10

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Feb 21st at 9AM WCRC will host a 2x1000 long range match on AEDC in Tullahoma TN. 9am regsitration, 10am first round goes down (if the RSO brief is short). This will be a non-approved club match. Match fees will be $15 for the day.

Send me a PM or email for more info.

Chris

Re: WCRC 2x1000 long range match FEB21, 9am Tullahoma

bringing this back up to the top. Hope some of you make it out. We don't have many dates yet this year, so take advantage of what we have.

Re: WCRC 2x1000 long range match FEB21, 9am Tullahoma

It's going to be 61 and partly cloudy tomorrow for the match. Come out and get your 1K dope for spring/fall.

Re: WCRC 2x1000 Match results 2-21-10

Shooters,

Warren County Rifle Club held its first long-range match of 2010. We had a great turn out, with 42 shooters (35 of which actually turned in their scores J )on hand to enjoy the weather and the competition. We were lucky to have not only a lot of new faces, but many new long-range shooters come out today. I’ll admit, today was a rough day for someone who’s been at this a few years, and it wind was not kind to any relay all day. Everyone stayed and shot all matches though, so thanks for sticking with it.

The match started a bit late, due to some logistical issues, but first round down went about 1045hrs and all firing was complete at 1615hrs. We ran our normal four relay rotation and one wind flag at the pit wall. Mirage was out in force today, as the temperature climbed from about 45 at the start of the match to the mid-60’s at the end. The sun was out all day, and we didn’t get any of the clouds predicted. Wind was tricky, and was between 3 to 10 mph all day. There seems to be a lot of elevation for AEDC as well. By the last couple of relays, trace could be seen, but it was largely impossible to catch trace for most of the day, which made getting unzero’d rifles on paper difficult, especially with the wind.

Jack Little continues his winning streak at AEDC. It seems Jack wins every match he enters here, so I expect we’ll see a lot more of him. Hopefully, be brings Gordon along as well! Jack was only down 6 points at the end of the day and a 394-13x took the win in conventional prone today. Jacks closest competitor was 8 points down. Though they weren’t on top of the scoreboard today, I have to give Jay Duncan and Clyde Kunz there mention. They earned it by shooting service rifles today. Laura Perry also had a good day with her new Palma rig. It’s the first time I’ve seen it out, and she put up a 367-6.

F TR saw a run away leader today as well. James Ruiz took his new Patriot Arms 308win and dominated a field of very good shooters today. James took top score of the 15 FTR shooters with a 374-6. Darrin Minnear was second F TR with a 358-1, and Brad Farrell knocked the dust and mothballs off his rig and took third with a 356-4. I’d also like to mention Nate Espy who, at 9 years old, shot a 124 today with a 308win. I’m sure he’ll remember this for a while. At least until his shoulder stops hurting. I’d also like to mention Scot Miller, Jeff Burrows, George Pettit, Chris Newell, Robert Banniza and Jr. Torbett. They are all first time long-ranger shooters and all put up some very respectable scores in some tricky conditions.

Danny Biggs ran F-Open today. Both of his scores were high match scores and his aggregate of 386-08 is impressive. See Dan, look what happens when you put the 308Win back in the safe and bring out an Open rifle. You win that too! Second place was a lot closer. Gene and Randy Graham fought it out all day and both Gene and Randy put up 377’s, but, but Gene edged Randy out by 4 X’s. (377-10, 377-6) If Randy gets his back straitened out I think he’ll take Gene next time.

I’d also like to thank John McGuire for being match director and Senior RSO today, the Tennessee National Guard for having the range in great shape and providing the logistic and material needed to run these events, Matt Kubic and crew for setting up the pits and the road guard gear as well as all the shooters who came in today and made this a safe and fun match.

Our Next match will be March 21st. Registration is 9AM, shooting starts at 10AM Central. If you like more information about this or upcoming matches please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Until next time,

All X’s and 10’s,

Chris Hayes

Re: WCRC 2x1000 Match results 2-21-10

Thanks for letting us play dude, I really appriciate what you and John and the NG do for us.....you all cannot be thanked enough.

First rounds on me when you want it buddy

later
James