• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We are being lied to

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Been doing Keto shit for three years now....have not had a bad meal.

Every time I go for a physical and the nurse prescreens me she always asks "To describe your diet would you say low fat, medium fat or high fat?" To which I answer "All fat" just to hear her grown with disgust.

My doctor looks at me as a lab rat.

Happy to oblige her

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dump the carbs and sugar.......forget the FDA.......they want you dead.

Eat your eggs and steak fat along with a lot of green vegetables, nuts and low glycemic fruit.

Tommorow snacks and lunch....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

How would you like a mouthful of my nuts.....

image.jpg

how are you staying in ketosis by ingesting all of those high cab nuts?

I'm not exactly Mr Low Carb, but I'd think that the bowl of fruit would be worse.

Eating meat and plants is good for humans.

Reactions: Bender
    You would think this shit would be common sense by now. We seem to be the only species on this planet that can't figure out what we are supposed to be fucking eating. Don't eat a shit ton of processed foods and sugars. Don't eat yourself into a GD coma every meal. You don't need a loaf of bread with your bucket of pasta. There are no other omnivores that cut the fat off their cuts of meat. Eat to sustain yourself. Don't be sedentary. And if you eat a cupcake don't be a gigantic fag and call it a "cheat day". Eat the type of meals that you would eat if you had to provide your own food (hunting and gardening).

Berries are lower than fruit in carbs, blueberries are one of the highest carb berries. You still need some carbs in keto.

Good carbs and bad carbs. People aren't getting unhealthy from eating lots of fruit and vegetable carbs, sugar, corn syrup, and processed food are just bad.

My MIL had all here bad stuff go down over the last year. Only change they made is cooking at home instead of going out eat all the time. She has to watch her blood sugar. They do keto to low carb diets often.

Reactions: diverdon
    You would think this shit would be common sense by now. We seem to be the only species on this planet that can't figure out what we are supposed to be fucking eating. Don't eat a shit ton of processed foods and sugars. Don't eat yourself into a GD coma every meal. You don't need a loaf of bread with your bucket of pasta. There are no other omnivores that cut the fat off their cuts of meat. Eat to sustain yourself. Don't be sedentary. And if you eat a cupcake don't be a gigantic fag and call it a "cheat day". Eat the type of meals that you would eat if you had to provide your own food (hunting and gardening).
    This should put the amount of fat in meat in prospective. A marbled up slab of beef is delicious, but its not natural.

1611783059930.png

Been doing Keto shit for three years now....have not had a bad meal.

Every time I go for a physical and the nurse prescreens me she always asks "To describe your diet would you say low fat, medium fat or high fat?" To which I answer "All fat" just to hear her grown with disgust.

My doctor looks at me as a lab rat.

Happy to oblige her

View attachment 7539537

View attachment 7539538

Dump the carbs and sugar.......forget the FDA.......they want you dead.

Eat your eggs and steak fat along with a lot of green vegetables, nuts and low glycemic fruit.

Tommorow snacks and lunch....

View attachment 7539541

View attachment 7539540

View attachment 7539543

How would you like a mouthful of my nuts.....

View attachment 7539542
    I’m actually very happy to see this, I started doing keto a few weeks and fasting 16/8. I’m glad someone here can verify it is a good thing to do!

This should put the amount of fat in meat in prospective. A marbled up slab of beef is delicious, but its not natural.

View attachment 7539567
    Of course not. Deer aren't pumped full of hormones and confined to cages to fatten them up. I grew up raising my own Black Angus, even then the majority of the meat I ate came from game meat. Eating fat is natural. Manipulating livestock to increase fat levels and then eating all of that fat is not natural.

Did you know that cashew trees are in the same family as poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac? I didn't until after binging on about half a pound of nuts. You get a rash like you would from contact with the urushiols of the the other three plants but it's from the inside of your body, starting in the lower abdomen and spreading up and out. Yeah, a rash under the dermis around your nutsack. Anyways, eat what you want.

how are you staying in ketosis by ingesting all of those high cab nuts?

I don't know if I am in ketosis and if I had to ensure that I would not have stuck with what I am doing.

I've lost 20 pounds and stay steady at a good weight for me.

Feel great.

All day ènergy.

I do put in the PT time though.

Im good for 4-5 hours a week varied cardio and sandbag/body weight anaerobics.

Did you know that cashew trees are in the same family as poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac?

Nope, and I don't each many cashews, but I'm going to eat even fewer now after learning this fact.

Did you know that cashew trees are in the same family as poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac? I didn't until after binging on about half a pound of nuts. You get a rash like you would from contact with the urushiols of the the other three plants but it's from the inside of your body, starting in the lower abdomen and spreading up and out. Yeah, a rash under the dermis around your nutsack. Anyways, eat what you want.

Absolutely no nut sack rash here but I am thinking of cutting cashews for other reasons.

I hear more bad than good.

I'll spend the money saved on Macadamias, sweet buttery macadamias.

I don't think I could tell the difference between grass raised beef, and Elk. I always laughed, an old mechanic i worked with who grew up on a small ranch around Le Veta, CO. he would always say, "we had lots of cows, but I didn't even know people ate them, if we wanted meat we shot a deer or something. I always wondered what people bought those cows for."

Easy Rule: Only eat it if it runs, swims or flys or grows out of the ground.
    That eliminates all the processed crap. (Exception #1 A few corn chips and salsa per day excluded from the above rule.)

Reactions: mike e
    Absolutely no nut sack rash here but I am thinking of cutting cashews for other reasons.

I hear more bad than good.

I'll spend the money saved on Macadamias, sweet buttery macadamias.

Why no cashews? They are in my favorite Crasin almond mix.

I’m actually very happy to see this, I started doing keto a few weeks and fasting 16/8. I’m glad someone here can verify it is a good thing to do!

Im not strict keto.

Check with your doctor.

To the best of your ability avoid sugar and carbs.

Reactions: Cosmic338
    Went to the doc yesterday for my yearly (I'm in my 60's). Same tests as you. All my Cholesterol's, blood press., heart rate, A1Cs, all good and below avg., lost 16 Lbs. since last time. She asks me, "Do you eat a special diet? I answer, "No, I see food, I eat it, as long as I'm hungry, anyways".
    So, yeah, I eat the same food I grew-up with. Plenty of biscuits & gravy, bacon, eggs, oatmeal, some fruits, steak, pizza, etc.. Of coarse, all in moderation. Still walk a couple miles, 2-3 x's a week. So there's that.
    Glad doc gave you a clean bill.
    Mac

I wouldn't because I don't run out of vegetables. Not being able to find enough carbs is mostly a concern for our deep northern friends. They render whale and seal fat and eat it like yogurt.

Reactions: pmclaine
    I’m mostly a carnivore. Meat meat meat. Some broccoli, potatoes, okra, rice (non processed) or spinach to supplement, but besides those not much of a veggie kind of guy.

Yeah, Keto works. So does a high carb, low fat diet.

The entire fitness/nutrition industry is a massive joke. The human body has an amazing ability to adapt to all sorts of different diets. We've had world ranked bodybuilders that gorged on 10k dirty calories, then cut fat drastically and others that eat very low fat, high carb clean diets year round.

Eat clean, hit your caloric goals, exercise and avoid processed foods. A multivitamin doesn't hurt anything either.

If you want to look like the guys in the fitness mags, either live to diet and exercise and hope to god you were blessed with fantastic genetics or turn your ass into a pincushion. Even then, genes will always be a limiting factor.

That's reality. It's really not rocket science unless you're looking for that last 5% in gains/definition that separates out really fit dudes from guys that make a living off of going to the gym.

The nutritional supplement industry is like the anti-aging cream industry. 99% isn't going to make a noticeable difference.

It might make a bigger difference for someone who isn't eating right. Or is eating badly, because i think there are lots of ways to eat right.

Why no cashews? They are in my favorite Crasin almond mix.

As stated earlier inflammatory and if there is a cholesterol ingredient it would be the "shews".

When I make my mix instead of adding a bag I will add a second bag of macs.

The bag of mixed nuts that has the Brazil's and a few other exotics will still contain some cashews but not a 1/4 pound of them.

Last edited:
    Reactions: supercorndogs
    I wondered there if there was something with them. I never feel rite if I add too much of my nut mix to my blue berries. I am going to plant some nut trees this year. Filbert Hazelnuts.

Yeah, Keto works. So does a high carb, low fat diet.

The entire fitness/nutrition industry is a massive joke. The human body has an amazing ability to adapt to all sorts of different diets. We've had world ranked bodybuilders that gorged on 10k dirty calories, then cut fat drastically and others that eat very low fat, high carb clean diets year round.

Eat clean, hit your caloric goals, exercise and avoid processed foods. A multivitamin doesn't hurt anything either.

If you want to look like the guys in the fitness mags, either live to diet and exercise and hope to god you were blessed with fantastic genetics or turn your ass into a pincushion. Even then, genes will always be a limiting factor.

That's reality. It's really not rocket science unless you're looking for that last 5% in gains/definition that separates out really fit dudes from guys that make a living off of going to the gym.

The nutritional supplement industry is like the anti-aging cream industry. 99% isn't going to make a noticeable difference.

Problem is we have a govt/media/education system that will speak in absolutes and I am finding regards bacon, eggs, and steak they are full of shit.

I do miss a big ice cream. On occasion I dream of the ice cream shop right in the harbor of Nantucket Island that sells decadent ice cream in warm waffle cones

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
    It's really simple. When it comes to food, If you can't kill it, grow it or catch it....Don't eat it. :)

Some people can't kill, grow, or catch anything...

They are thus on the other side of the chase......

Avoid the brain and central nervous system ........kuru, human mad cow, is some nasty shit.

Berries are lower than fruit in carbs, blueberries are one of the highest carb berries. You still need some carbs in keto.

Good carbs and bad carbs. People aren't getting unhealthy from eating lots of fruit and vegetable carbs, sugar, corn syrup, and processed food are just bad.

My MIL had all here bad stuff go down over the last year. Only change they made is cooking at home instead of going out eat all the time. She has to watch her blood sugar. They do keto to low carb diets often.
    False. Dr has me go carnivore zero carb for 6 months and it was amazing.

The good ol low fat diet, or the adage of using fats sparingly, because they contribute to heart disease. Allopathic medicine hasn’t caught up to the reality that the food pyramid should be fucking turned upside down. Never ceases to amaze me though, especially when you have a nurse or medical assistant telling you how to eat.

Another fallacy is the low sodium diet. Unless you got CHF or renal failure, salt is minimally contributory to hypertension. The bane of our existence is sugar

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
    People need more carbs than they realize once they realize that a high protein diet is the way to go. Your muscles and hormone balance requires carbohydrates, just not simple ones. Make sure your carbs are from things like outmeal, and are consumed early in the day or around workouts. Other than that, they really are pernicious.

And broc....

image.jpg

Today being the birthday.....probably some coconut based ice cream for dessert.

Reactions: Steel head
    Hey @pmclaine, your HDL dropped 20 pts. Did you quit or cut down drinking?

I drink bourbon/whiskey when I do drink.......come to think of it I haven't really hit the bottle since October........should I drink more on your recommendations?

People need more carbs than they realize once they realize that a high protein diet is the way to go. Your muscles and hormone balance requires carbohydrates, just not simple ones. Make sure your carbs are from things like outmeal, and are consumed early in the day or around workouts. Other than that, they really are pernicious.

If I am going to do a duration excercise like a mountain hike I would likely include a carb of some sort in my day.

Now if I eat them, usually it is a binge experience like that warm waffle cone ice cream.......roaring pressure and a wish that I hadn't done it.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    If I am going to do a duration excercise like a mountain hike I would likely include a carb of some sort in my day.

Now if I eat them, usually it is a binge experience like that warm waffle cone ice cream.......roaring pressure and a wish that I hadn't done it.
    Everybody is going to be a little bit different, I think. If I don't eat before I lift, almost always oatmeal, my performance suffers. I give it about an hour to settle.

I don't think I have had cheat carbs in four years, exactly because I don't want to see it come out the other end. I do miss ice cream. And sour cream and onion potato chips.

A couple years ago I tore the meniscus in my knee. Not real bad but every couple months it would lock up and hurt real bad for a couple days. I got an MRI and went to an Ortho for a consult and he said it was pretty minor and recommended against surgery and I agreed. My wife put me on the Keto diet for a while saying it would help. I was skeptical but I can say, my knee hasn't bothered me at all for two and a half years now. So now I do a keto diet here and there.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    A couple years ago I tore the meniscus in my knee. Not real bad but every couple months it would lock up and hurt real bad for a couple days. I got an MRI and went to an Ortho for a consult and he said it was pretty minor and recommended against surgery and I agreed. My wife put me on the Keto diet for a while saying it would help. I was skeptical but I can say, my knee hasn't bothered me at all for two and a half years now. So now I do a keto diet here and there.
    Did you lose weight? They would certainly help with a sore knee...