• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We could possibly lose our rights to shoot on public lands.

It is already, since comments closed on 6/20. This is another example of changing law by using agencies instead of lawmakers. Then they force the opposition to use up their money to fight the ‘regulations’ that have been put into place illegally.

No more taking game on the king’s land, under penalty of loss of your possessions and even your freedom. Sound familiar at all?

It is already, since comments closed on 6/20. This is another example of changing law by using agencies instead of lawmakers. Then they force the opposition to use up their money to fight the ‘regulations’ that have been put into place illegally.

No more taking game on the king’s land, under penalty of loss of your possessions and even your freedom. Sound familiar at all?
1687533449822.png

They are allowing conservation groups to lease the land and then kick everyone off of it. So millionaire/billionaire interest groups, tree huggers etc can lease the land and put up no trespassing signs.

Yup I agree with both posts. They've been coming at us for decades. The problem is their numbers are growing and the number of hunters/ shooters are declining. Heck we even have zips in the wire.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Reactions: xsn10s
It’s going to go through and then have to be challenged while they go ahead with the leases they already have lined up. Get in while the window is open tactics.

• Sad
Reactions: DIBBS and xsn10s
Notice how the comment period is only extended to 7/5/23. That's immediately after the 4th of July holiday, when they know most people are going to be focused on time with their families. That's also an extension of a mere 15 days.
It's pretty much flying under the wired. I would have never known if it wasn't posted on LRH. I brought it over here because of the sheer number of shooters on SH. Especially long range shooters which need long stretches of public lands. Strength in numbers.

Reactions: lash
They don't make it easy for you to find the proposed rule. Here is the link to the proposed rule. It is a LOT of reading.

I just found it a few minutes ago. If you use your browser to look for words like, gun, firearm, rifle, pistol, hunting, lead, bullets, shooting or other words commonly use in hunting or marksmanship endeavors, you will not find them.

So the devil is in the details. I'd have to spend an entire day or two reading this information to find out, specifically, how it would prevent us from hunting or shooting on public lands.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. By insight, I mean pointing us to the exact text in the rule. That way we can make an intelligent argument against it with a comment.

On April 3, 2023, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) published in the Federal Register a proposed rule that, pursuant to the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (FLPMA), as amended, and other relevant authorities, would advance the BLM's mission to manage the public lands for multiple use and sustained yield by prioritizing the health and resilience of ecosystems across those lands. To ensure that health and resilience, the proposed rule provides that the BLM will protect intact landscapes, restore degraded habitat, and make wise management decisions based on science and data. The BLM has determined that it is appropriate to extend the comment period for the docket until July 5, 2023, to allow for additional public comment.

The above is copy pasted from the federal registry.

They can also “protect intact landscapes, restore degraded habitat, and make WISE management decisions based on SCIENCE and data.”

In other words they can not lease it and manage it like a wilderness area, or any way they see fit. To protect it🤬

they can try and try and they might succeed your only one piss poor supreme court vote away from your rights being lost for ever .

They don't make it easy for you to find the proposed rule. Here is the link to the proposed rule. It is a LOT of reading.

I just found it a few minutes ago. If you use your browser to look for words like, gun, firearm, rifle, pistol, hunting, lead, bullets, shooting or other words commonly use in hunting or marksmanship endeavors, you will not find them.

So the devil is in the details. I'd have to spend an entire day or two reading this information to find out, specifically, how it would prevent us from hunting or shooting on public lands.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. By insight, I mean pointing us to the exact text in the rule. That way we can make an intelligent argument against it with a comment.

One insight on LRH was that the use of language such as "climate change" gave the BLM wide discretion to change policy. They also sighted multi use. Ron Spomer wrote an article on proposed closing some 3400 acres in Utah due to debris left by firearm shooters. Here's that article. I believe that is an example of future policy change in action. https://www.ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/shooting-ourselves-in-the-foot

Reactions: Longshot231
One insight on LRH was that the use of language such as "climate change" gave the BLM wide discretion to change policy. They also sighted multi use. Ron Spomer wrote an article on proposed closing some 3400 acres in Utah due to debris left by firearm shooters. Here's that article. I believe that is an example of future policy change in action. https://www.ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/shooting-ourselves-in-the-foot
I agree that bad shooters, not cleaning up after themselves, are part of the reason for the government response.

With that said, the Bidenistas don't do a damn thing about the illegal border jumpers that leave a trail of garbage on public and private land. I've seen it and it's ten times worse than spent shell casings, shotgun shells and busted target debris.

I do a agree that the leftists will use ANY excuse to keep us off public land. We need to stop giving them that excuse.

Regardless of that, the next time some leftist bunny hugger tells you that shooters leaving trash on public lands is inexcusable you can agree with them. Then point out that border jumping and trashing our lands while seeking to break immigration laws is also inexcusable.

Follow me for more tips and tricks to get people to fall in love with you:)

I agree that bad shooters, not cleaning up after themselves, are part of the reason for the government response.

With that said, the Bidenistas don't do a damn thing about the illegal border jumpers that leave a trail of garbage on public and private land. I've seen it and it's ten times worse than spent shell casings, shotgun shells and busted target debris.

I do a agree that the leftists will use ANY excuse to keep us off public land. We need to stop giving them that excuse.

Regardless of that, the next time some leftist bunny hugger tells you that shooters leaving trash on public lands is inexcusable you can agree with them. Then point out that border jumping and trashing our lands while seeking to break immigration laws is also inexcusable.

Follow me for more tips and tricks to get people to fall in love with you:)

We could do everything perfectly and they would still try to push us off.

Pointing out hypocrisy to communists is folly.

Take power, and exercise it ruthlessly. This is the only thing they understand.

You beat me to calling it an excuse lol. I agree. I don't have any stats but the trash some shooters leave doesn't compare to the trash left by homeless camps or illegal border crossers.
I forgot the homeless. Heck the next time someone laments about shooters' trash just show them photos of San Francisco.

I forgot the homeless. Heck the next time someone laments about shooters' trash just show them photos of San Francisco.
I made a sales call to Seatle PD's Training Division 14-15 years ago. The parking lot was blanketed with dirty needles. And that's before things got bad up there.

Reactions: BCP
Here you can read comments already posted. A lot of them are very similar in wording. Makes me almost think they are using something like ChatGPT to drown any negative comments out.

Reactions: lariat and BCP
The issue with "trigger trash" is it is easy to replicate without shooters being the culprit all the time. We were out camping in az and woke up in the morning to a bunch of shotgun shells and pistol casings 75' from camp without a single shot fired. These fucking environment whackos will steep so low as to trash a place just to "prove" that its shooters! They do it with wildfires as well. We cannot assume the obvious is the culprit.

Rights will continue to be degraded until only the second is left. Then they get opened back up again. It's the cycle of life.

The issue with "trigger trash" is it is easy to replicate without shooters being the culprit all the time. We were out camping in az and woke up in the morning to a bunch of shotgun shells and pistol casings 75' from camp without a single shot fired. These fucking environment whackos will steep so low as to trash a place just to "prove" that its shooters! They do it with wildfires as well. We cannot assume the obvious is the culprit.

Exactly. The Canada and west coast fires over the past couple of years have been arsonist crimes.

Exactly. The Canada and west coast fires over the past couple of years have been arsonist crimes.
A couple weeks ago during the wildfires in Canada, Alberta's premier Danielle Smith said:

"We are bringing in arson investigators from outside the province," she said. "We have almost 175 fires with no known cause at the moment. Sometimes they are very easy to trace — when you have lightning storms, it's easy to trace. When you have a train derailment, that's easy to trace."

These fires were not caused by lightning or "climate change", as initially suggested by the leftist propaganda MSM. This story has been subsequently ignored by the Marxists media.

Reactions: BurtG
Meanwhile

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittman–Robertson_Federal_Aid_in_Wildlife_Restoration_Act

Hidden 11 percent tax on all guns and ammo to pay for parks / public lands

So avid shooters pay 1000 fold into it what the box a year fudds pay.

Then it gets better. The granola munchers turn the public land into no shooting no hunting zones. When those people paid for it in the first place

Meanwhile

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittman–Robertson_Federal_Aid_in_Wildlife_Restoration_Act

Then it gets better. The granola munchers turn the public land into no shooting no hunting zones. When those people paid for it in the first place
Most haven't a clue this ^^^ exists.

R

Meanwhile

R
I use to think that was a good thing until I read that someone was challenging that. The basis for the challenge was that it was unconstitutional to tax firearms.

No other right that we have is taxed. So why tax our 2A right to buy and possess a firearm?

So, now, I'm against it.

Reactions: lash and BurtG

R
Yup

It should be stamped on every gun box every bullet box.

Gas tax should be posted at every station too.

I’ve bought a um. Decent amount of guns and ammo. I’ve *never* shot targets on public land. I’ve *never* shot a game animal.

So I contribute the same as 1000 or 10000 fudds. To
Subsidize their hobby

Reactions: lash