• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WE DID IT!!! CLOSED BogeyBrownsBigButtSplitterFund

Hey Guys, thanks for your patience. In between thunderstorms I was up till 0600 drinking beer, smoking ribs, and playing with fire.

Here's a video of unboxing:

Here's a few pics of assembly:

IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1897.JPG

Manhandling the I-Beam / Cylinder assembly into place. I'd guesstimate it probably weighs 4-500lbs:

Reading through 9 pages and 358 posts all worth it with that first giggle in the first video. Looks like no digits lost. Enjoy that thing BB, great job by the Maestro and his helpers who pulled this together. Now the question, can we get a turbo charger for it?

Damn, looked like you almost lost a finger on that last vid.

Nah, but I'm sure it's in my future. It vibrates to the point that the log will walk out of position if I don't steady it, and I do take a few "chances" trying to keep as much as possible on the platform so I don't have to bend over as much. Once I get a work table sorted out I think it's going to minimize a lot of that.

Reading through 9 pages and 358 posts all worth it with that first giggle in the first video. Looks like no digits lost. Enjoy that thing BB, great job by the Maestro and his helpers who pulled this together. Now the question, can we get a turbo charger for it?

As soon as he gets some time in his schedule I have a master machinist / hydraulics mechanic coming to check it out and see if there's some tweaks he'd like to make. My shipwright buddy already had an idea or two.

LMF SILLY ASS OFF. GOOD GAWD WHAT A BEAST. AND NO, I'M NOT POSTING FROM THE SHITTER AFTER JUST GETTING HOME. :rolleyes:
LIKE JERRY JUST SAID. THIS FIRST VID IS WORTH EVERY BIT OF IT!!!
HUGE FUCKING SHIT EATING GRIN!!!
YOU FUCKING ANIMAL.:p

Last edited:
Nah, but I'm sure it's in my future. It vibrates to the point that the log will walk out of position if I don't steady it, and I do take a few "chances" trying to keep as much as possible on the platform so I don't have to bend over as much. Once I get a work table sorted out I think it's going to minimize a lot of that.

Right on. I hope that motherfucker does all the shit you want it to.

I'd much rather be drinkin, smokin, and cutting wood than crawling around in my made-for-midgets attic replacing shitty AC duct work and re-wrapping pipes.

Awesome Bogey! The building of the stash has begun.

Looks like half a cradle on the side opposite of the lift might be handy. Or, run it from the opposite side with the log lift up acting as a cradle so you don't pick up pieces that need resplit. I hate having to bend over to pick stuff up off the ground. The more you run it, the better ideas I'm sure you'll come up with to make it work for you.

Enjoy my friend!

I wanted to send you two boxes, with a bound and gagged Maser in the first one, but I got voted down. What are "legal ramifications," anyway?

Awesome Bogey! The building of the stash has begun.

Looks like half a cradle on the side opposite of the lift might be handy. Or, run it from the opposite side with the log lift up acting as a cradle so you don't pick up pieces that need resplit. I hate having to bend over to pick stuff up off the ground. The more you run it, the better ideas I'm sure you'll come up with to make it work for you.

Enjoy my friend!

Thanks man, but that guy doesn't have the log lift. I'm manhandling those big bitches up there. They were a two-man lift when I bucked them, so my broken up back and shoulders were very grateful for all the cold beer last night.

Sorry, I thought I saw one on the side you were running it from. I go vertical on those big rounds, half or quarter them, then go back to horizontal. I'll leave you alone now and quit offering dumb suggestions. I hope you're enjoying that thing!

Who has a Mossberg rifle to donate as the first, "What else can we destroy with this fucker?"
Love it! Enjoy that damned thing, man! Be careful.

Sorry, I thought I saw one on the side you were running it from. I go vertical on those big rounds, half or quarter them, then go back to horizontal. I'll leave you alone now and quit offering dumb suggestions. I hope you're enjoying that thing!

I hear ya. I did a few of those the hard way for cinematic purposes, but it's going vertical in the AM for a while to get into some of the bigger guys.

I rewatched the vid, and what I thought was a lift IS a cradle, so you're set. Yeah, don't wreck your back (more) on that big stuff. What kind of wood is that?

I rewatched the vid, and what I thought was a lift IS a cradle, so you're set. Yeah, don't wreck your back (more) on that big stuff. What kind of wood is that?

It's what is commonly referred to as "water oak" here. oneshot86 calls it "laurel oak" I believe, and I'm pretty sure I've heard at least one other name for it. It's a fairly fast growing oak with a short lifespan. That one was about 60 years old and at least 50-60 feet tall. Common consensus is that at 45 -50 years old they start deteriorating rapidly, which ain't good because I've got at least one other one bigger and older than that.

Once I've split my way out of a corner and made some room I'll be dropping the remaining bottom 30 feet of that tree and another one in the yard.

ETA: In regards to the cradle, yeah the included cradle helps keep the log from rolling off of the I-Beam, but it doesn't "catch" the partial splits the way a work table or similar contraption does. They apparently don't offer a catcher for this model, but they do have a work table, which I may try out. I've also got an idea for a simple table I can position on the side of the splitter to keep from having to bend as much to retrieve partial splits.

Last edited:
Tucker,
to go along with smashing things, we need to find an old tinny or jon boat that requires crushing into a 1' square of metal.

Tucker,
to go along with smashing things, we need to find an old tinny or jon boat that requires crushing into a 1' square of metal.

Just put Tucker in a lab coat. Let 1J04 play his likeable, handy second banana doing tech explanations and color commentary. Bogey can take production credits. Let's call it "But Will it Crush?"

Ok Veer. What did you 'delete'? :rolleyes:

Your series of numbnuts rocket team images ... I was trying to post "GPR! GPR!" but for some reason the board software shit on me and it wouldn't capitalize.

Holy shit people, could someone have at least warned me that getting a holster for the USP45T was a total fucking bitch?

Holy shit people, could someone have at least warned me that getting a holster for the USP45T was a total fucking bitch?

You're making a comparison that is entirely unfair to the holster.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/KVUaWd7.jpg"}[/IMG2]

PS: I hope everyone who sees this has had at least two cups of coffee and their morning glory by now.

Hey guys, I let 1J04 know that the check arrived yesterday, which was fortuitous since I was out having custom decals and lettering done. If the weather holds I'm hoping to have the vast majority of the NASCAR-age done when I get home from work in a few hours.

Again, I can't thank y'all sincerely enough!

Hey guys, I let 1J04 know that the check arrived yesterday, which was fortuitous since I was out having custom decals and lettering done. If the weather holds I'm hoping to have the vast majority of the NASCAR-age done when I get home from work in a few hours.

Again, I can't thank y'all sincerely enough!

And that sports fans is a wrap. :p