• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We lost Jim Findlay

Jim ran a match called the Findlay Cup out of Wenatchee, WA
He also helped RO matches throughout the Pacific Northwest.

Back on original SH.com 'pre-scout' . he was ( Jim the Plumber ) .
He was a good shooter . went to a couple of his Findlay Cup matches and ran into him on a couple other matches, one he partnered with his daughter shooting .

Back on original SH.com 'pre-scout' . he was ( Jim the Plumber ) .
He was a good shooter . went to a couple of his Findlay Cup matches and ran into him on a couple other matches, one he partnered with his daughter shooting .

I remember that name.
Couldn't place who it was.
Thanks for the heads up.
Godspeed Jim.

R

Tribute posted on FB (not by me, don't have the skills). Jim was a good friend for over 20 years. He got me started in match shooting, as well as probably hundreds of others. RBros Rifles got started thanks to Jim, and they are doing very well building very accurate rifles. He mentored so many new shooters, with time, guns and ammo, instruction, and patience. In addition, he ran the Findlay Cup for 13 years and this match laid the groundwork for the match climate we have today.
He will be missed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EY2fSDnVgkM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1911fan

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Jim the Plumber and it's possible I've shot alongside him and not known it... If he's from Wenatchee, then my, uh, wife probably knows him.

Wish the family the best, losing someone is just hard, under any circumstances.