• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes We No Longer BUY Premier Heritage Scopes!

Re: We No Longer BUY Premier Heritage Scopes!

I was firmly on it after watching one of their scopes freeze up internally at a competition.

this is really going to stir some s**t! I know some of us have a different view of PR, but I would say this is uncalled for.

I'm wondering why some companies can get away with MAP pricing while others can't. It ultimately boils down to what your willing to pay. Nightforce may be able to get away with MAP pricing only because its MAP price is pretty close to what people are willing to pay. Supplies are limited due to military contracts, and demand is high due to marketing forces (in part because of military contracts - a NXS was depicted in a newspaper picture the other day having to do with UBL, go figure).

On the other hand Premier lacks major contracts, doesn't market itself as well as others, yet demands a MAP price clearly out of sync with what people are willing to pay.

At best, Premier hopes that enforcing its MAP policy will result in you and me thinking somewhere along these lines:

"Hey this scope costs $3,000+" -> [looks around]

"wow all the dealers are charging $3,000+" -> thus

"these scopes must be really something!" -> [plops down $3,000+]

I don't have a Premier but I hope that, if they actually have a decent product, that they learn that price fixing does not work and that a product ultimately sells itself. Think of it this way, imagine if a law was passed setting all Rolex watches at $10. People will still be willing to pay higher prices because they're willing to. The vice versa is also true.

The other thread(s) clearly voice people's opinions, one way or the other, on Premier scopes and whether they are willing to continue their patronage/support of Premier in the wake of the issues involving Scott Berish/LO, ATI and Premier. This thread isn't going to accomplish anything other than more pi$$ing on/pouring kerosene on a brushfire and it should probably just fade away.

People like Scott mainly because most on the Hide knows he gives you the best deal.

Premier was nice enough to ONLY suspend his account.

Scott feared loss of business having to explain to customers why he is unable to fill their orders for Premier scopes and unable to give them the best discounts anymore. So he made Premier and ATI look bad.

ATI caught him "undercover" (which should be expected for enforcing MAP pricing) and Scott lied trying to defend his income/reputation of his business.

As a customer of course we like Scott. As a business with MAP pricing enforced I would see the issue. Premier's reaction is lenient and expected.

Premier in their response seems the most professional and reasonable.

Scott, well played, but for someone with such a esteemed reputation on the Hide I would have figured you would have taken the high road instead of going after Premier and ATI like this. Though it seems like the loss of income on Premier Scopes may be offset by the new customers who hate paying MAP/retail pricing and businesses enforcing of it by this hate thread. I think this was a poor choice for your reputation and character. <span style="font-weight: bold">Sounds like Scott's reputation is based on price rather than his character.</span>

Point is it is not right for Scott to end up being the sole source for Premier Optics because people know he is the cheapest. He is cheating his competition to grow his business. Premier needs to keep things even and fair between retailers so they have a larger exposure to the market.

Sounds like Scott has ruined his business with one manufacturer and likely others. Despite how much people want to support him it does nothing if he can't stock product because manufacturers are not happy with his pricing. <span style="font-weight: bold">You cheat Scott by not paying MAP, Scott cheats the his competition by charging less than MAP.</span> <span style="text-decoration: underline">If you really supported Scott you would pay full price. If Scott really deserves the reputation claimed here he would not cheat his competition with pricing, but win with service!</span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I will not do business with Scott at Liberty Optics.</span></span>

I would consider a Premier optic if I ever found the need and was in the budget for one just like any other scope in that category.

If Premier needs to lower their MAP, they will!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People like Scott mainly because most on the Hide knows he gives you the best deal.

Scott feared loss of business having to explain to customers why he is unable to fill their orders for Premier scopes and unable to give them the best discounts anymore. So he made Premier and ATI look bad.

ATI caught him "undercover" (which should be expected for enforcing MAP pricing) and Scott lied trying to defend his income/reputation of his business.

As a customer of course we like Scott. As a business with MAP pricing enforced I would see the issue. Premier's reaction is lenient and expected.

Scott, well played, but for someone with such a esteemed reputation on the Hide I would have figured you would have taken the high road instead of going after Premier and ATI like this. Though it seems like the loss of income on Premier Scopes may be offset by the new customers who hate paying MAP/retail pricing and businesses enforcing of it by this hate thread. I think this was a poor choice for your reputation and character. <span style="font-weight: bold">Sounds like Scott's reputation is based on price rather than his character.</span>

Point is it is not right for Scott to end up being the sole source for Premier Optics because people know he is the cheapest. He is cheating his competition to grow his business. Premier needs to keep things even and fair between retailers so they have a larger exposure to the market.

Sounds like Scott has ruined his business with one manufacturer and likely others. Despite how much people want to support him it does nothing if he can't stock product because manufacturers are not happy with his pricing. <span style="font-weight: bold">You cheat Scott by not paying MAP, Scott cheats the his competition by charging less than MAP.</span> <span style="text-decoration: underline">If you really supported Scott you would pay full price. If Scott really deserves the reputation claimed here he would not cheat his competition with pricing, but win with service!</span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I will not do business with Scott at Liberty Optics.</span></span>

I would consider a Premier optic if I ever found the need and was in the budget for one just like any other scope in that category.

If Premier needs to lower their MAP, they will! </div></div>
Well said... I agree!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is really going to stir some s**t! I know some of us have a different view of PR, but I would say this is uncalled for. </div></div>

yep.

If need dictates, I will buy another...sorry.

I am pretty happy with mine...its just to bad I won't be able to get it through LO again.

The way to avoid the whole MAP and price-matching issue is what the big retailers do... They have their OWN MODEL version so they can charge less and not get other retailers pissed because they don't have to price-match it since its technically a different model!

Liberty Optics could have easily asked for a Hide Specific model version that he could sell exclusively!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People like Scott mainly because most on the Hide knows he gives you the best deal.

Well said... I agree! </div></div>

You guys are unreal. Scott has done nothing but support the shooters on this site in many ways. What have you contributed to anyone but yourselves on here? What has Premier contributed? They're not even sponsors, neither is ATI. They have been "hiding" where their scopes are made rather than be up front and honest that they're not actually made in the USA, but assembled in the USA. You guys go buy your Heritages, your loss.

I am not going to read 3 different threads on MAP pricing to determine who is right or wrong. I do not understand MAP pricing, nor do I care to.
I will say that there is nothing wrong with competition,and if a seller sells something at a cheaper price then his competition, he will pick up market share.
Competition in business to sell at a cheaper price than your competitor is a way of life. If a seller prices himself out of the market by dictating what the product will sell for, so be it. I personally, will buy from who I can get the best value from.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People like Scott mainly because most on the Hide knows he gives you the best deal.

Well said... I agree! </div></div>

So you won't do business with Scott because he sells at what the market deems a fair price... you'd rather pay more... pal, I have some awesome ocean front property for you in Ohio....

Yep...Too many other great scope company's to spend my money on then to put up with this shit. F--K PH

I've never done business with Scott but I did have a chance to speak with him via PM. He came across to me as a man of character and integrity.

When I was asking him about a S&B he was straight up with me. Not only that he also recommended and spoke highly of some of the other vendors on here (his competition).

The man seems to be aces and I'd do business with him any day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a poor choice for your reputation and character. <span style="font-weight: bold">Sounds like Scott's reputation is based on price rather than his character.</span>

</div></div>
Perhaps you should do a little research on Scott's character! Not a single complaint on the thousands of transactions; can you say the same for Premier?? This site is full of examples of a certain individual's character at Premier; or should I say lack of!

Had a very early model a Premier, and my new 5-25 shipped today. I have had nothing but good relations with them, and can say that both Chris and Paul are stand up guys, as well as men of their word.

Alright, since we have threads from Liberty, Premier and ATI then I think it's safe to say there are plenty of places for people to air their differences or support. I'm taking it upon myself to lock any others.

If Frank sees it different he can override me.