• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Weak side shooting with a bad eye?

Mordamer

Professional Know It All
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 11, 2010
    Hooker, OK
    I am going to attend my first PRS club match on Saturday the 24th. Reading through the stage descriptions I see that I will be expected to shoot a stage with my weak hand and weak eye. I was involved in an accident 15 years ago that left my right eye blind. What will I likely have to do at the match stage where I have to shoot with my weak eye?

Also, before the accident I shot right eye/right hand. After the accident I switched to left hand so I could use my left eye. I am pretty good with my left hand, but my right hand is still dominant for everything besides shooting. This may give me an advantage because I can shoulder a rifle completely naturally from right or left side.

Let the match director know at the beginning of the match about your situation, and see what they want to do from there.

I'd say shooting left side eye and body position with right side trigger finger would be a reasonable accommodation.

Thanks for the reply's. Match director let me shoot that part of the stage without switching to my weak side so it all worked out.