• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weapon light pressure pad - momentary and constant on

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Does anyone make a small pressure pad that has a momentary on and a double tap for constant on? Similar to how the MAWL (and others) works? Thinking form factor of the Modbutton or similar.

Seems like this would be an awesome unit as it would save on cost and weight. Am I missing something?

Would solve 2 scenarios for me: (1) white light in addition to a MAWL without turning my entire top rail into a pressure pad (and skipping the DS00 tailcap) and (2) allow me to scan and target with a LUNA 3 off a pad (and let me mount the laser further forward).

Does anyone make a small pressure pad that has a momentary on and a double tap for constant on? Similar to how the MAWL (and others) works? Thinking form factor of the Modbutton or similar.

Seems like this would be an awesome unit as it would save on cost and weight. Am I missing something?

Would solve 2 scenarios for me: (1) white light in addition to a MAWL without turning my entire top rail into a pressure pad (and skipping the DS00 tailcap) and (2) allow me to scan and target with a LUNA 3 off a pad (and let me mount the laser further forward).

Cloud Rein

Reactions: pnwkiwi
    I like those lights but not going to switch at this point... Looking for something that is SF Scout compatible

I like those lights but not going to switch at this point... Looking for something that is SF Scout compatible

Ah okay. Yea I'm at a loss on that then. I'm not sure a product like that exists for the scout.

Bummer. Seems like modlight could modify a switch fairly easily. I’ll drop them a note. Would love to be missing something here though

Last edited:
    Reactions: AngryKoala
    Unity Tactical Hot Button is like a surefire clicky tailcap. Hold for momentary or click on/off. I think that would work for you.

Unity Tactical Hot Button is like a surefire clicky tailcap. Hold for momentary or click on/off. I think that would work for you.

So if I single tap the Hot Button, it stays on but if I press and hold it is momentary? That's fantastic news

Just watched a YT video and makes more sense now. Thanks @skatz11 for the info I should have watched a video to start

So if I single tap the Hot Button, it stays on but if I press and hold it is momentary? That's fantastic news

The Hot Button is pretty good. To clarify the above if you press it lightly it is momentary, and when you fully depress until you feel a click, it will hold constant until you click it off again.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    What I want is something low profile like ModButton (as compare to HotButton), but have press on-press off. Don't care about momentary.