• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Weapon Lights

Skeld1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2010
Maine
Any recommendation what would be a decent one to mount on my DPMS Recon 308? I've kind of set it up as a CQB gun with an EOTech 512. I'm not certain I will ever really need a light, but I do intend to rely on the gun for home defense (I live in a rural area). Should I just go with the Surefire Mini Scout Light? That seems like a pretty common choice. I'm not certain what kind of effective range that light would have. I've also debated getting a generic flashlight with a holdver vs. a dedicated weapon light. I'm also not certain how long you could leave one sitting around and still have the light work when you need it. I suppose i could just change the battery once a year or something like that to be safe.

I like to use Surefire for weapon lights. They always work and in the rare case there is an issue, Surefire will take care of you. Couple the light with quality Lithium batteries and you will have a shelf life of ~ 10 years.
If buying a light now, I think X300 Ultra or single stage Fury would be a good choice.

M720V
M952V
X300 Ultra

The first two have a seperate activation pad also and have both white and IR capability. 150 :ums of white light. Like them both.

the X300 Ultra was designed primarily as a handgun light but does fits on mil spec rails also. 500 loms of very bright white light. NO seperate activation switch.

without knowing more about your situation that is it for now. I hunt pigs and teach CQB also now and then. These lights serve me well. None are cheap.

Mostly for "just in case" but I do also tend to shoot a coyote or two occasionally. But I would have thought that any of these smaller weapon lights wouldn't have had enough power for that application. Maybe I underestimate them though. The separate activation switch sounds like it would be nice but maybe not totally necessary.