• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Weapon mounter light/laser which one??

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Well, on my first visit to the new Frisco Gun Club, I am officially "vision challenged" using the sights for handgun shooting at longer ranges 25 yards +.

I have an STI Tactical 5.0 full rail .45 ACP, and a Springfield XDM 9.mm. Both , very accurate.

Thinking about mounting a Reflex sight on the Springer, on the STI I'm putting a rail mounted light/laser

Looking at the Surefire and the Streamlight. Which do you run and how's it work?

If you can spend the extra money the Surefire is worth it. Better warranty and higher lumens on the light. But both are great products.

Surefire for me on anything I'd depend on. small price to pay for piece of mind. A lot of my friends love the streamlights and don't have problems with them. Up to you. I look at it as a drop in the bucket when I'll have it for years and will be depending on it.