• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weaponized Math -- but backwards

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
In sort of a unique situation. I have regular access RN to 1000 and 100 (maybe 200) but nothing in-between. Obviously I can get my zero @ 100. I'll get my dope for 1000 with an initial guess/try based on BC/MV/Kestrel and then confirm/adjust based on live fire.

Has anyone worked Weaponized math "backwards" by looking at longer dope at moving in? Once I get access to closer ranges, I take the "nearest" distance and either multiply (going farther) or divide (coming closer). I dunno if other peoples brain work like mine, but I was thinking about "process" and my thought was find the closest distance I have dope for and then work the math. I.E if I get an 800 yard target, calculate a 900 try (divide 1000 dope by 1.22), then an 800 try (divide 900 try by 1.24).

Or if I get a 400 yard target, multiply out from 100/200 (whatever I have)

Reactions: Balor
Yes this has been done and this is actually how weaponized math started. Marc Taylor had fellas shoot 600-700-800-1000 then back to 900 from thier 1000 data.

Here is an article of Alternate Range weaponized math. This chart will let you work out in distance or closer in distance from a known target drop. It is also broken down into 25yd increments. We limited the values in the table to what we thought was a realistic change in distance for 1st round hits. For example, its probably not efficient to have 300yd data and try 1000yds, so we limited it to needing 650yd data to get to 1000yds. But, this chart will do exactly what you are wanting to do in both directions (closer or farther)
https://www.snipershide.com/precision-rifle/alternate-range-weaponized-math/

We also worked out weaponized math in a probable ballistic data table. This is another way for you to work forward and backwards if you wanted.
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/ballistics-tables.7036610/post-9024094

Give this information a read and see if its what you were aiming at.

I did it on a napkin as soon as I did it near to far. LOL
59159201735__BBBB9091-5993-4268-A629-40F6113A452D.JPG

Reactions: Modoc and DocRDS