• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weapons Mounted LRF short range zero help

Desert Rat

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2017
Does anyone know of any possible way to zero a LRF at 100 yards to be effective at 800 to 1000 etc? Basically I have a Wilcox raptar and I just have no where I can go and zero it with a reflective target setting it up at 800 yards….100 yards no problem but I can’t fine tune at say 800 yards. My home range has the yardage but I can’t just walk down range and set up the reflective target. Are there any paper/reflective targets etc on the market that can solve this? Or even any techniques someone might have? Thanks in advance.

Talk to your range management and ask them if they'll allow a target setup at 800 yds for people in your situation - the worst they can say is no.

Reactions: Desert Rat

Stop signs, or do it after dark with the vis laser.
This is the best advice. Wait for night and point at the farthest thing you can see and align the vis laser to the reticle. Even if it’s an eye safe version, the laser is powerful enough at night.

Your other option is to set a parallel zero at 100y. Place a target on the ground, put your muzzle on the center and make sure the barrel is vertical. Fire the laser and mark with a pen where the laser hits the target. This is your mechanical offset, so if you align them at 100y, theoretically they will be aligned at any distance. This is just a quick and dirty way to get you in the ballpark, the night time method typically has better results.

I’ve always coaligned my vis laser at 100 and never had an issue at range to get an accurate number. I’m no scientist to explain how or why, just what I’ve always done and I’ve never had an issue. Just shot the Snipers Unknown comp and ranged everything from 50yds to 1000 with no problems.