• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup WEATHER ALERT for the Cup!

Beamer Girl

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2004
Texas
www.riflesonly.com
Everyone coming from the North: it is going to be HOT on Thursday. Right now they are calling for temperatures in the 90's. Yesterday it was 94.5 and it was terrible.
When you arrive please make sure to stay hydrated because we have a lot of events to do in the time frame that we have.

See everyone soon!

Re: WEATHER ALERT for the Cup!

I don't know what it's like down there in wind alley, but up here in Central Texas the wind is blowing from 20-40 mph. I bet some more people will be ordering a 6mm Crusader.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At 1400 local today, the Naval Air Station reported winds of 40 gusting to 47. A little breezy...
</div></div>

I would think it would be difficult to keep the spotter steady enough to see hits on steel in that kind of wind.

A TAB cover is the shit, I wish I had one of my own, the wind was blowing so much dust and grim in the air actions were getting gummed up pretty bad.

When spotting for the 500 mover, I put the spotting scope behind the Polaris. Not a problem. It must have been...interesting...up on the tower, but the long-distance targets were falling-plate LaRues, so it's easy to spot those. If the target falls, it's a hit, otherwise not.

Weren't many hits at 1000.

You should have been here!

I wish I could be there, but alas, it is my sons 6th birthday today. I've got to take him out to shoot his new BB gun this afternoon
smile.gif