• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weatherby CFP .308 rig

littlerascal56

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2008
Land of OZ-Kansas
Got tired of lugging around the big guns when hunting, so I am im the process of setting up a Weatherby CFP (Compact Firing Platform)in a .308. This gun is about 10 years old, and still new in box. It has the factory certiticate that states it will "shoot a 3 shot group from a cold barrel under 1.5"). I adjusted the trigger down to 8 oz, and just mounted a 3-12 AO Burris handgun scope and my Harris swivel bipod. This makes for a small compact package with the 15" bbl, and even comes with custom sling swivels. Has the Mark V action, with 9 locking lugs (Built in USA). You don't see these in .308 very often, as they only made a few in that caliber.

Will try some 155 Scenars over 46.0 RL-15 to see what she is capable of on paper. Hopefully, this will make a sweet hunting package, and a great coyote gun to keep between the seats.

cfp308.jpg

cfp308-1.jpg