• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weatherby Mark V Backcountry?

MachoKing

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
Has anyone handled one of these? The light weight intrigues me but the price...not really sure if it's worth it with only a sub MOA guarantee. Looking at the 6.5RPM.

I believe I'll have my hands on one Friday. Send me a reminder and I'll get some pictures and compare to a couple other rifles that should be out.

It would take a lot to want a rifle in 6.5RPM. Let alone at that cost. Weatherby marketing is comical and every article written is a joke written by a shill. Quoting a 260rem with a 140 at 2645. Like come on at least be close.

I'd take 6.5SS. 6.5SST. Or 6.5 Sherman every day for brass quality alone.

Almost 12 months later--does anyone have real world experience shooting and handling this rifle? We have had a number of them come through the shop. The fit, craftsmanship, and appearance are pretty impressive. They balance nicely. I do not have extensive experience with Weatherby or shooting these ultra lightweight rifles. I could not find many reports from shooters describing performance and accuracy, aside from the typical industry level reviews. Particularly, there is also not a lot describing the barrel details. Thank you

Weatherby tends to have a larger following in the hunter segments. You might have better luck asking for feedback over at Longranghuntering or Rokslide.

I own an Accumark that has a Criterion barrel which will shoot right around 0.7 MOA. The Mark V action is a 54 degree bolt lift and they tend to be smooth for a 3 lug action.

The Backcountry will come with a #1 or #2 barrel size so pretty thin and pretty light for packing in on a hunt. Bell and Carlson stock.

The only issue I ever had was I foolishly cracked the bottom metal while trying to remove the action from the stock to have it worked on.