• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weatherby Mark V Weathermark 6.5 Creedmoor

RockCreekFisherman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2021
Wyoming
Purchased a Weatherby Mark V 6.5 Creedmoor in September of last year. Haven’t been able to shoot it since I got it because I hade reverse shoulder replacement in my right shoulder the same month. Then in February I had my other shoulder’s rotator cuff and biceps repaired. Next month I’ll pick up a new scope for it, a Revic PMR 428 and hopefully be able to shoot it for the first time. Installed an Area419 Hellfire Self Timing Muzzle Brake on it, and also have a Silencerco Hybrid 46 silencer to put on it. Hopefully it won’t hurt my shoulder too much. We’ll see!
27CC3969-5B1E-4F4D-B391-32B97905ECAB.jpeg

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Nice...........what twist ?...6 lug or 9 lug ?.....post pic of targets when you do get to shoot it ..........your bolt is on the wrong side..........for me.
8, it’s also a 6 lug. Boy I would never be able to shoot it if the bolt was actually on the left side. I don’t believe my pacemaker would like it too much!
I’ll be more than happy to post some pictures when I finally get to shoot it. Really looking forward to it!

You should be okay. I’m crippled up pretty bad and shoot 308 and 6.5 creedmoor with muzzle brakes without any problems. Take it easy and don’t over do things. I usually don’t shoot more than a box of ammo. Good luck and keep us posted on how things went

Reactions: RockCreekFisherman
Due to range rules here for the places I shoot I don't run a brake on my 6.5CM, I recently shot a mates beraga 6.5 with his 147gr hand loads, braked. It was noticeably louder but it honestly didn't feel like any more recoil than my lighter 22LR rifles, you should be fine with an aggressive brake, I imagine the mk5 butt pad is already pretty good however you can still add a gel slip over if you feel the need.

Due to range rules here for the places I shoot I don't run a brake on my 6.5CM, I recently shot a mates beraga 6.5 with his 147gr hand loads, braked. It was noticeably louder but it honestly didn't feel like any more recoil than my lighter 22LR rifles, you should be fine with an aggressive brake, I imagine the mk5 butt pad is already pretty good however you can still add a gel slip over if you feel the need.
Yes sir, the butt pad is pretty soft on it. I just hope my shoulder will be able to handle it. It’s pretty weak, and the last thing I want to do is to injure it!

If it is still a bit muxh for you, there is always the option to rebarrel in 6CM or 243 for a slight lighter projectile.
I’ve shot my wife’s 243 and it’s pretty easy on my shoulder. I really want the 6.5 to work out for me. Want something that has a little more power than the 243! Plus I’ve been purchasing ammo every time I’ve been able to get it and already have close to 600 rounds. Ready to start shoring and then start reloading our own ammo. I do have a 224 Valkyrie that I built that’s a blast to shoot if I want something that has virtually no kick at all. It’s a bench gun with a 24” barrel, but it’s extremely heavy!
96BBBE53-7A47-4953-B2FD-B9E6DD43D2AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Weight is your friend. With your doctor’s approval, try working with weights that build the strength and tone in your shoulders, back, neck and for body condition in general. (using multiple repetitions of light weights, don’t overdo it, repetitions are better than back breaking heavy lifts). Then, don’t worry with the rifle being a touch heavy.

Quite the opposite, lighter bullets do hit you less. Starting loads are great. Unless, you plan to take on Norwegian Moose, the 120’s will kill deer sized game just as well as the 140’s. Also animals have a definite inability to determine the exact velocity they were killed with. They really don’t care if the bullet that harvested them was traveling 100 FPS below maximum. But your shoulder and your rifle sure will.

Your gonna love your Weatherby. Put a different scope on mine yesterday and it was stacking bullets right on top of each other. Frankly I think she is a bit jealous of the PRS rifles I have been shooting. She was showing me, I don’t need no 16 pound MPA to shoot great groups or hit steel a long ways away 😃 (the scope story is a story within itself. Seems like the Kirste family has a history of playing musical scopes )

Reactions: RockCreekFisherman