• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WeatherFlow weather meter compatibility

Stag556

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Does anyone know if the WeatherFlow Bluetooth weather meter is compatible with any other ballistics calculator other than BallisticsARC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works well. My only complaint is you have to constantly press the blue button to keep connected. Any suggestions?

photo77815.jpg

photo77814.jpg

Last edited:
All I've used is Strelok Pro, and I do like the app. It works well with the weatherflow.

Like I mentioned though, the bluetooth connection seems to time out pretty quickly and you'll need to press the button on the meter to restore the connection.

Pretty sure that's a weatherflow limitation though and not Strelok.

All I've used is Strelok Pro, and I do like the app. It works well with the weatherflow.

Like I mentioned though, the bluetooth connection seems to time out pretty quickly and you'll need to press the button on the meter to restore the connection.

Pretty sure that's a weatherflow limitation though and not Strelok.

Have you tried enabling background mode? I assume this a typo where it says "increase" battery life....

Background Mode (WEATHERmeter only)
  • By default, the application will stop readings in progress and disconnect the WEATHERmeter when it no longer runs in the foreground.
  • Enable Background Mode to maintain connection to the WEATHERmeter and continue readings while the app runs in the background.
  • Disabling this setting will significantly increase battery life.

I did try this, but don't think it made a difference. I'll try again, check more closely and report back.

Have you tried enabling background mode? I assume this a typo where it says "increase" battery life....

• By default, the application will stop readings in progress and disconnect the WEATHERmeter when it no longer runs in the foreground.
  • Enable Background Mode to maintain connection to the WEATHERmeter and continue readings while the app runs in the background.

I tried this and it does not stop it from disconnecting when you leave either the "weather" section or the bluetooth/target section. But, If you just leave it in the bluetooth target section, it continues to read give values including MOA, MRAD, etc.

IOW, it seems that in this screen you can just watch for corrections as it takes readings on your weather vane. Not sure if this works like that but it's what I'm finding just using it in my living room. I have yet to use it real world on a weather vane. I have used it for zeroing data while zeroing my scopes.

27855171169_acd9c1e370_c.jpg

Thinking about getting this for Sterlok Pro, can anyone tell me if the Weatherflow does Density Altitude and if so will Sterlok pull it straight in and auto update once connected?

Weatherflow does do DA. Can’t help on the strelok question. BallisticsARC app pulls in the DA automatically from the meter.

Reactions: GM795
Anyone know if weatherflow works with Ballistic AE?

Thanks,

John
I just tried now for the 1st time and it doesn't appear to work/be integrated. This was on the iPhone. The app says it is can work with some Kestrels. I've had it work with Strelok, Hornady, and Balllistic Arc.

I can’t seem to get the weatherflow meter to work so well in StrelokPro. I turn the device on. Point it in the direction of the target and hit calibrate. I can see wind speed. If I turn the weatherflow device in a different direction nothing changes on the app. The wind direction always says it’s facing me on the app. Anyone have any suggestions?

I can’t seem to get the weatherflow meter to work so well in StrelokPro. I turn the device on. Point it in the direction of the target and hit calibrate. I can see wind speed. If I turn the weatherflow device in a different direction nothing changes on the app. The wind direction always says it’s facing me on the app. Anyone have any suggestions?
The weather meter just gets the wind value, to get direction you need to adjust your phones orientation as well.
Hold both the weather meter and the phone pointed into the wind when taking your readings. Hold the phone pointing into the wind like you were taking a photo of the horizon for that step.
Heres an example

Reactions: Rover31 and VanJoe
Hey, sorry to necro-post, but can anyone confirm for me that the Applied Ballistics app on Android can still pull data directly from a WeatherFlow device? I'm trying to dip my toe into the PRS game without shelling out Kestrel 5000-series money and I already have the AB app.

I know Strelok recently got pulled from US app stores due to the war in Ukraine (Strelok is Russian-owned and operated), and I want to be sure that American ballistic calculator manufacturers didn't take this opportunity to kill support for competing devices before I go buy a WeatherFlow.

Hey, sorry to necro-post, but can anyone confirm for me that the Applied Ballistics app on Android can still pull data directly from a WeatherFlow device? I'm trying to dip my toe into the PRS game without shelling out Kestrel 5000-series money and I already have the AB app.

I know Strelok recently got pulled from US app stores due to the war in Ukraine (Strelok is Russian-owned and operated), and I want to be sure that American ballistic calculator manufacturers didn't take this opportunity to kill support for competing devices before I go buy a WeatherFlow.
It can take a few tries to get it to pair up but my original WeatherFlow Ballistics model does still pair up with both Shooter and AB Mobile on Android 12

Reactions: AwkwardlySocial
It can take a few tries to get it to pair up but my original WeatherFlow Ballistics model does still pair up with both Shooter and AB Mobile on Android 12
Thanks so much!! Do you pair it the same way you'd pair a Kestrel device from inside the AB app?

Could you explain how to do this? I'm not finding a background mode option inside the Weathermeter app's settings.