• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WeatherHawk meters?? Good/Bad?

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
Guys,

Last week, we got Authorized Dealer approval from WeatherHawk Weather Meters. While Kestrel has dominated the market when it comes to shooting related meters, there have been some positive reviews from guys running them. In particular, the review of the WeatherHawk WM-350 in the Reviews section sparked my interest:

WeatherHawk WM-350: An Alternative to the Kestrel 4500NV

Anyhow, while we have been approved as a dealer, I don't have any experience using one of their units. Is there any additional feedback (good, bad, etc) from those of you with hands on experience with a WeatherHawk meter? Do you guys want to see this line on the deltaoutdoorsman.com website? I don't want to invest in a new line if there isnt any interest, or if there are red flags as to performance issues, etc?

Thanks for the help!
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Bought my WM 350 after reading the review here on SH. The thing is balls on accurate compared side by side to a buddies kestrel and as demonstrated/mentioned in the review. The price is way better than a similar model kestrel 4500NV, I found one online for around $135.00 if I recall correctly. The review here on SH sums it up to a T actually so I won't try to address all the points. My feedback on it's use/performance is all positive.

Bought my WM 350 after reading the review here on SH. The thing is balls on accurate compared side by side to a buddies kestrel and as demonstrated/mentioned in the review. The price is way better than a similar model kestrel 4500NV, I found one online for around $135.00 if I recall correctly. The review here on SH sums it up to a T actually so I won't try to address all the points. My feedback on it's use/performance is all positive.

Thanks for the feedback. The WM-350 is the main WeatherHawk unit I'm looking to bring in, along possibly the SM-28. It seems like the WM-350 could make for a value option for shooters looking for 4500NV performance.

I'm a little surprised there has been so little interest in this thread. Maybe I'm misjudging the market for non-Kestrel meters???

i'd be interested in the weatherhawk, but then i wonder with the attached submarket ... many programs support the bluetooth kestrels directly. not sure if the same programs can talk/read to/from the weatherhawk. if they would be entirely compatible (say: try shooter with the kestrel bluetooth plugin, but check if it can find and read data from the weatherhawk)

I also have a WM-350, they can be had at Amazon for as low as $130 shipped and it reads essentially identical to a Kestrel. The ergonomics are a little different but for well over $100 less than the 4000 it is a great value, especially for those of us that feel that one is none, and two is one:cool:

I appreciate the opinions shared here. But, I'm beginning to think that while the WeatherHawk WM-350 has some nice features & performs as advertised, there aren't many guys who are interested in actually running one. Seems like the Kestrel line pretty much dominates this product niche, so while I'm still interested in adding the WeatherHawk line, I'll probably pass for now.

Thanks again for the help & advice. I want to offer what YOU guys want, so let me know if you think of another product or brand I need to consider...

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I picked one up to try out recently. The $125 price tag made it to hard to pass up. I use it with the Ballistic AE app on my iPhone and works good at providing the data I need. I guess it would be nice to have a kestrel with Bluetooth but I don't know if it will work with apps for the iPhone. So far I have no complaints.

Made in China.

Don't care how much of a value or how comparable something is, those 3 words reduce the chance of me even trying something out dramatically.

I'd like to see them offered at the website. I have a Kestrel, but only one other guy in our section has a weather meter. I think it's just the cost (cops are cheap and poor to boot). Something that performs similarly it a lower price point would be welcome, IMO.

I got one from amazon for $130 shipped. Couldn't be happier.
Why pay more. Its easy to plug in wind, direction and density altitude to your ballistics program.