• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver 5-20x50 Tactical Scope

Czech

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
Gentlemen,
has anyone on this board bought/used 5-20x50 Weaver Tactical scope?
I'm interested to know, if the scope has enough internal elevation adjustment for POI at 100 yards through to 1000 yards, using it on a .308 with 165grn projectiles, fitted to 20MOA bases on Remington 700.

Any info would be much appreciated, as I'm considering buyng the scope, but would like to make sure, it will do the job.
Cheers.

Re: Weaver 5-20x50 Tactical Scope

Weaver offers nothing about the elevation range of the 4~20x50 Tactical scopes. That's an important fact when buying a tactical scope, especially one costing as much as this one. If it were me, I'd email Weaver and ask.

I would be hesitant to buy that scope if you can't get the information on the amount of internal travel. Maybe someone on here has one and they will chime in and count clicks for you.

Its 58 MOA. I have no trouble getting to 1K with mine. It has turned out to be a very nice piece of glass.

Any time you have ANY question about Weaver optics, contact them through their website.
They are VERY responsive.

Considering the Weaver Tactical, anyone have anymore hands on with this optic? Other option for the money? Cheapest I have found this scope is just a little under $700.

Thanks Todd