• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weaver 61M Bases on a T1X

*rim-star*

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2014
Just got a new T1X and am looking to mount my scope, while waiting on the 25 MOA rail I want to get back in stock I am thinking about using Weaver 61M bases and Quad lock rings that I already have on hand, anyone used the Weaver 61M bases on their T1X ? Thoughts ? Thanks.

The problem using Weaver bases is that the slots are not wide enough to fully seat the cross bolts of (modern) rings that are sized to fit the slots on Picatinny bases. The Weaver bases must be milled out wider and sometimes deeper, or the diameter of the cross bolts reduced (ground down) to fit. A better approach might be to use an available 0MOA base, but place a shim (~.025") under the rear screws to cant the base. The amount of MOA change can be adjusted using different thicknesses of shim stock. Small washers can be used in lieu of shim stock.

Reactions: *rim-star*
The problem using Weaver bases is that the slots are not wide enough to fully seat the cross bolts of (modern) rings that are sized to fit the slots on Picatinny bases. The Weaver bases must be milled out wider and sometimes deeper, or the diameter of the cross bolts reduced (ground down) to fit. A better approach might be to use an available 0MOA base, but place a shim (~.025") under the rear screws to cant the base. The amount of MOA change can be adjusted using different thicknesses of shim stock. Small washers can be used in lieu of shim stock.
The rings I have on hand are Weaver Quad Lock....they fit perfect. I dont shoot more than 100 yards.

Then you are good to go. I use Weaver bases on several M700 based precision rifles. They are as good as anything as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: *rim-star*