• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver 8-32x50 Classic Extreme Riflescope Illuminated German #4 Reticle Matte

repiv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
The Colony Texas
www.dallasmicro.com
I am considering getting this scope for one of my Rifles.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WE800711

I will either put it on my .22 (mostly Kidd 10/22) or I may take the scope off my .223 and move it to the .22 and use this scope for the .223 which is a Rem 700 SPS Tactical. I like the fact that it has 32 power and the Reticle looks ok. I am concerned however because I do not know if the adjustments are 1/4 or 1/8, and I do not know what the turrets are like under the caps. For the .22 I will shoot only out to 200 yards and 90% of that will be at 50 yards. I tried to call Weaver and they only offer leaving your info and waiting for a call back.

Does anyone have this scope from Natchez? Can you tell me about it if you do? Please provide any quality comparison details you may have. Is this a good scope for $359?

Thank you

I doubt that a $600 scope has the optical resolution and brightness to make 32x useful.
I'd suggest you look for something with less magnification, otherwise you have a heavy scope whose top magnification is useless and low magnification is too high for any close work, along with the weight penalty inherent to a large scope.

The weaver classic extreme and super slam scopes are very nice for the money. I would steer clear of the 8-32 and get the 4-20 or 6-24 model. They have great sales on them.

I am considering getting this scope for one of my Rifles.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WE800711

I will either put it on my .22 (mostly Kidd 10/22) or I may take the scope off my .223 and move it to the .22 and use this scope for the .223 which is a Rem 700 SPS Tactical. I like the fact that it has 32 power and the Reticle looks ok. I am concerned however because I do not know if the adjustments are 1/4 or 1/8, and I do not know what the turrets are like under the caps. For the .22 I will shoot only out to 200 yards and 90% of that will be at 50 yards. I tried to call Weaver and they only offer leaving your info and waiting for a call back.

Does anyone have this scope from Natchez? Can you tell me about it if you do? Please provide any quality comparison details you may have. Is this a good scope for $359?

Thank you

The 8-32 has 1/8 adjustments and they are a "re-settable to zero" type. You just pop up the turret, turn it back to zero and push it back down. They are made in the Philippines now not Japan like they used to be.

FWIW I think the Weaver "V" series is a better scope they just have a somewhat limited adjustment range with the 1" tubes.

I've got the same scope but in the 2.5-10, been using it on a hunting rifle for the last few years and the glass on it is pretty good. That german reticle is awful heavy and I don't know about the glass with that high of mag.. Good luck