• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weaver 9.9 x 40 scope

Victorcocco

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2022
NJ
I bought a Savage Axis with a weaver 9.9 x 40 scope on it. It ok. But I would like a scope to bring the object closer in and clearer. Now, money is a concern. I don't need the best out there. $200 to $300 is max I can go. What would fit this budget?

What are you using the rifle for? Hunting, long range shooting, square range shooting? That will help flesh out some options.

That being said, check out the SWFA 12X or 16X Super Sniper scopes, they have a good track record for performance for the price.

I will. Thank you. I am looking to deer hunt with the .308. my guess would be no more the 200 to 300 yards. I usually hunted with a 12 ga. With buck shot. So this will be a new style on hunting for me.

If you need it clearer, have you focused the ocular lens?
It'll make a big difference.

A 3-9X is plenty for 300yd deer killing.

If you just want more magnification, I can understand it, but it's really not needed for killing deer.

I just posted a nice 12X SWFA with rings that would fit the bill. I also have zero stop shims that I will include.

Kind Regards,

- Jon