• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weaver rail iron sights

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
Do any front and rear iron sight that fit on a weaver rail exist other the airsoft stuff? I have a X-22R and both the front sight block and the receiver have weaver slots.

Re: Weaver rail iron sights

Rock river has some. I have the flip front and rear from them. I don't remember the brand. YHM has probably the most reasonable priced sets I have seen. I have not used them but I am going to order front and rear for my wife's AR. GG&G has them and a few others.

I used a set of Magpul on a friends AR plinking and didn't notice they were plastic till I actually put my hand on them.
I believe he purchased them thinking they were metal but never replaced them. Thats another one of those EBAY and not paying attention things.

Hope that helps some.

Hey one other thing Tom. I have to admit to my not paying attention moment. On mine from RR the rear flip is pinned on. Be mindful of that too when your looking. I took for granted they were all built the same. Its not hard to take off just a detent pin. I have pulled it off but only a few times.

I know the magpul will fit, and RRA made something a few years ago as well, but I don’t know about anything else. I emailed YHM and they said that their sight wouldn’t work with a weaver rail. I know a lot of the airsoft stuff says it will work with weaver rails but I would rather get the real deal.

Well shoot!!Unless you have a two pin arrangement it should fit. Only difference is the recoil groove spacing as far as i know. All Pic rail is 1913 "spec" I hate using that but oh well and the weaver is equal in size and shape with the exception of the grooves.

Most Flip ups will only have one cross pin so unless its a big dia. pin I would think it would fit. I will have hers in hopefully by saturday and try them on a solid weaver base though. I have never tried it so I may be wrong. My RRA is on loan to my brother for Nutria thinning or I would check tonight.

Tom I stand corrected. My rear sight will not fit a weaver rail. My brother checked it this morning. The cross pin is to large a diameter to go down into the recoil slots on the weaver. It will slide on but when you tighten it up the sight base stays 1/16" off the rail and does not sit all the way flat.

I will check the YHM's when they come in but your probably right on that result as well.

Thanks I appreciate it, I really hope that the YHM fits but it probably won’t. I am not sure what Excel Arms was thinking when they design the rails. Not only do they have weaver slots, but they are also mounted so low that I am not sure much stuff will fit. I may just end up buying UTG fixed sights, which say they work with weaver rails.

Did you ever try putting the sights on the weaver rail Lobbinlead? If nots thats ok but I am curious if they fit or not. If they didnt fit was it just becuase of the bolt diameter or something else? If I turned the bolts on a lathe could I get it to work?