• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver T-Series 24x40

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
I recently bought a weaver T-Series 24X40 fixed power scope. I really like the scope at the shooting range. It comes with super fine cross hairs that make it easy consistantly plink away right on target shot after shot. But this scope is terribly in te field. The eye relief is atrocious making it almost unusable for varmint hunting. I struggle to get my eye to that sweet spot where my field of view becomes clear. I went through all of the mounting steps but am unable to move the scope any closer to my eye dew the the lack of mounting length on the scope. Another strike is that while I was sighting this scope in the cross hairs didnt seem to move all of which I adjusted them until after my follow up shot. Unacceptable, especially since the cross hairs are unavailable in a mill dot of any kind, and they are etched glass making it impossible to modify. Overall I rate this scope as fair, my zeiss conquest is like years ahead of this scope. I would even have to admit, I bought a Leaper Accushot just for something to throw on my 308 until i had the money for something nicer and it outdoes my weaver in clairity, ease of eye relief focus, and turret tracking. I would definately not buy another T-Series unless I knew it was going to be for target shooting ONLY!

Re: Weaver T-Series 24x40

Thanks for your input.

Weaver T series scopes are not tactical/field scopes and don't pretend to be. What they are a re lightweight reliable target scopes.

Eye relief: You need either different rings or a consistent cheekweld. The eye relief is not that forgiving (do the math for exit pupil) but easily workable.

Adjustment: If your scope doesn't adjust properly you need to send it back. The Weaver's T-series adjustment (erector assembly) is one of the most consistent and repeatable out there, especially in the price range.

Reticle: the fine crosshairs being "unacceptable" are buyer's error not the scope's. Also you are incorrect about them being etched reticles. Give TK Lee a call and ask him how many dots he has done on Weaver T24's for silhouette shooters.

Clarity: Weaver has always been hit or miss on clarity, as this scope is under $400 retail. Some are nice, some are not so nice.

All in all you are "reviewing" a scope that doesn't fit your intended application. For you to complain about tracking problems, and in the same breath recommend the scope for target shooting is incongruous at best. Either they track or not, and real target shooters won't have a scope that doesn't track. Like I said, if yours doesn't track properly, send it back, its a defective sample. Weavers would not be as popular on the highpower and smallbore sillhouette lines across the country if they didn't track right, reliably and consistently. We shoot 200m, then 300m, then 385m, then 500m offhand in highpower silhouette (then rinse and repeat). Lots of dialing up and down during a season of silhouette, and Weaver T24's do it year after year. The Weaver T24 with 1/4moa adjustments and 1/2moa target dot is one of the most popular and most sought after scopes among the silhouette community.

Do I use a Weaver for practical precision shooting? Hell no. That's what USO's, MK4's, S&B's, even Super Snipers are for.

Do Weaver T24's suck because you tried to fit a round peg in square hole? Hardly.

I'd suggest you sell the Weaver (after you get it sent back if it has tracking problems) and pick up a Super Sniper.

Thank you for your review, and good luck with your Leapers.

If USO made a 24-25X scope that'd bring my silhouette hunter rifles in under weight, I'd use one. Until then I run these pieces of shit:
twins005.jpg