• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes weaver tactical 3-15 questions.

Matches Malone

Jihad Joe
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2017
Your moms bed
Two questions.
1. Has anyone done a tall target test on theirs, what were the results? (No, I'm not looking to use your results...I just want to see if there is a big variety of different results)
2. Does anyone know the subtension of a mil dot for these scopes? I heard Weaver said they are .22 ish. Then again I hear a lot of things that are wrong so maybe someone here can confirm.

I have one ive used for years and i think i have my brother in laws rifle with one on as well. Was going to run a tall target this weekend anyway so ill let you know.

OK, not exactly what you asked, but I used one on a 1000 yard range from 100 to 1000 yards in 100 yard increments. The scope was spot on all the way to 1000 yards.

I had several, they all tracked fine. I am not sure what you mean by, "heard Weaver said they are .22 ish." Are you asking for the size of the dot?

Ran one of the two weavers before the rain came in.

windage was spot on 4 mils each way.
elevation....dialing 16mils i needed another .4 to make it to an actual 16 mils.

redialing all up and down the chart was repeatable though.

I dont remember the math i did last time.
But heres this time, so if i was wrong then I stand corrected, and for the record, i for sure am NOT a math mathematician so any error feel free to call it out.
Expected poi of 16 mils x 100y x 0.03599 constant= 57.584 inches

.4 mils (1.44in at 100y) add that to 57.584 and you get 59.024.

Correction Factor = 57.584/59.024
CF= .97560

Last edited:
Thats the correction factor I got as well. I did the test at 27.8yrds which works to be 1" between MILs so a nice 1"x1" grid paper was easy to do for me. Distance measured from center of turret to face of paper, clamped the rifle down and just tracked the reticle as i adjusted.

.975 is .025(2.5%) off.... Seems like a lot of extra math to me going that way but it works the same if you like doing the math I guess

The 27.8 yard principle seems sound.... I mean if the mil dots matched the grid you were right I guess...

My couple didn't show that much across 10 mils and I had no reason to test beyond that point. I can say the two examples I had returned to where they belonged and we're consistent. Just required the correction factor.

I think that is actually pretty good for the price.

Mine lives on a 22lr so dialing 10-20 mils is pretty frequent. Its always been repeatable and tracking on the chart showed it. A correction factor is cake to plug in as long as its repeatable. For the cost i have no complaints. Turned some Derlin down in the lathe and made a nice little spacer that sits under the outer turret and acts as a zero stop. Ive had it for about 4 to 5 years. Im not sure how the new Gen2 PSTs are but both of the Weavers i get to play with are clearer than my fathers PST.

I bought two of the big Weavers when Midway was running a clearance on them several years ago. Never had any reason to regret the purchase, even though they have some CA, and I wish Weaver had put more effort & innovation into their reticle design. Pretty darned solid scope in my experience, even if they do get a little dark when cranked clear up to 30x - not many times when the mirage will let me use that much magnification anyway...