• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Weaver Tactical 4-20x50 Opinions...

wolf6151

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2011
Pearland, Tx.
Anyone have opinions on these scopes? I did a search and read alot of good things here but was looking for some more up to date opinions. How's the tracking, optical clarity, construction/ruggedness, etc...? From what I've read they're a good scope that gets overlooked by many people. I'm looking at the FFP, 30mm tube, Mil/Mil, .1 mil adjustment, model# 800380. This would be my first FFP, Mil/Mil scope and I'll be mounting it on a Rem. 700 SPS Varmint in .243 that will primarily be a paper puncher but may also be used for Antelope in Wyoming. Thanks.

This one:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-tactical-4-20x50-30mm-sf-matte-mil-dot-riflescope.html

Last edited:
i had the old model that was mil/moa. the glass was very good. it did have a good rugged feel to it. i took it to a grand and back to 100 on several occasions with 0 tracking issues. i have no issue recommending this scope to anyone!

(sold mine for a scope with zero stops and illumination)

55moa adjustment is not a lot. It all depends how far you're shooting and if your using a canted base. A friend has the old one with 1/4moa clicks. The glass was good but he ran out of adjustment trying to get to 1k with a canted base Shooting 6.5 Grendel. 243 is much flatter shooting though.

55moa adjustment is not a lot. It all depends how far you're shooting and if your using a canted base. A friend has the old one with 1/4moa clicks. The glass was good but he ran out of adjustment trying to get to 1k with a canted base Shooting 6.5 Grendel. 243 is much flatter shooting though.

That's good info., if I get the scope I'll be sure to use a 20 moa base.

I have the 3-15x50 mil/mil model on my Armalite .308 and I've been nothing but impressed. For the money, this scope can't be beat. Is it a Schmidt & Bender? NO! But it doesn't hit you for several thousand bucks.