• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver Tactical scope base - damn impressive

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    I decided to try a Weaver Tactical picatinny rail for an upcoming budget build. While I haven't mounted it on the receiver yet, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by it thus far;

- 0 or 20 MOA
    - low profile
    - elongated screw slots
    - recoil lug
    - 6061 T6 aluminum
    - Torx screws included
    - Made in USA

All for $35!

I bed all my bases anyway, so I don't even care if it doesn't perfectly mate to the surface of my receiver.

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

Re: Weaver Tactical scope base - damn impressive

I've been running their quadlock rings for 5 years now and haven't had a problem on my hunting rifles. Got them for $8 per pair.

I would like to find their base locally to give it a run.

How tall is the base vs. other manufacturers?

Glock,

Assuming that's a Rem. base? Shooting partner is looking for a budget 20 moa base for his LA.

John

Yes sir, a Remington base.

As for height, I don't have my calipers handy, but it seems to be on par with my Seekins and Badger base. It looks almost like Weaver copied them exactly! This weaver base is definitely lower profile than an EGW and Farrell base.

I don't see a recoil lug feature on the bottom of the rail. With elongated holes for the screws, a recoil lug becomes even more important.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I don't see a recoil lug feature on the bottom of the rail.</span> With elongated holes for the screws, a recoil lug becomes even more important. </div></div>

Weav_Base.jpg

I thought that was one also, but couldn't tell 100%. Blown up it's pretty obvious.

just put one on my gun and it is very low profile lowest of all of them or close and about half the egw,but when measuring them all front and back I dont think mine will be a true 20 moa

Just put one on my Howa M1500 7mm (hunting rig). I'll let you know how she holds up. So far I am impressed with the finish, fit and machining in general.

Where are you finding these for $35?

I got mine at Midway USA. That was with a C&R discount however, so your price is probably a few dollars higher. But still . . .

I just went to put one of these +20 MOA bases on a Rem 700 short action. The base checks flat, but it had a .013" gap at the back and needs bedded. Good quality, fit & finish for the price. My only beef, when the recoil shoulder is lined up against the action, the screw holes would not exactly match up with the holes in the receiver. So, when I line up the screw holes, the recoil shoulder isn't touching anything. Am I missing something?

I would like to see a pic of this rail mounted. Anyone have one that can take some pics of it mounted??

DK

Maybe mounted on a Savage action??

DK

its a pitty i cant find something like this for my Sako 85. this is the RIGHT price for a rail.

Pete Roedale wants like 130 euros for his which is crazy money

I just installed a 20MOA Weaver Tactical extended base on a Savage 10FP ...$27.99 from Amazon with free shipping.

I have no experience with the EGW base so many folks use for lower-priced builds, but with this base & medium Signature Zee rings, my Monarch 5-20x44 has about 0.3" clearance between the barrel & objective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just went to put one of these +20 MOA bases on a Rem 700 short action. The base checks flat, but it had a .013" gap at the back and needs bedded. Good quality, fit & finish for the price. My only beef, when the recoil shoulder is lined up against the action, the screw holes would not exactly match up with the holes in the receiver. So, when I line up the screw holes, the recoil shoulder isn't touching anything. Am I missing something? </div></div>
    The gap is most likely caused from the Rem action not being square or true.
    I have mounted 9 of these and they all lined up with screws & action to recoil lug on base, But they were all Savage Actions.
    The cant on the base from rear hole to front hole is .036ths in 6" at .0015 per MOA = 24MOA.
    Very good base great price.http://www.opticsplanet.net/weaver-extended-multi-slot-bases.html

That is a nice looking rail for the price.My only concern is the aluminum.I had problems with recoil deforming the metal in front of the rings on a 416 rem mag .I doubt that would happen most calibers.

Hmmm...do they make one for the Sako?
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdmartin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a nice looking rail for the price.My only concern is the aluminum.I had problems with recoil deforming the metal in front of the rings on a 416 rem mag .I doubt that would happen most calibers. </div></div>

Your rings need to have the square lug with both rings pushed tight to the front when locked down. I have used rings with round lugs an had this happen.
    You can bed them J-B Weld take plastic food wrap lay on base, use a little J-B Weld (small amount) in the slot your ring will set in do both rings not with scope mounted let it harden, remove an you will have a nice square lug.