• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes weaver V 16/ 700 5R help

annamariaslim

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2003
Longboat Key, Fla.
In about a week I will purchase a Remmy 700 SS 5R 308, I am on a budget after taxes and purchasing the rifle. I already have the Weaver V 16 and am looking for a base and ring set up to get me out shooting for the short term until I can upgrade to something better. I know the buy once, cry once is the rule, but for the moment I have to go with what I have. I'd like steel, and not sure if one or two piece. Thanks!

Re: weaver V 16/ 700 5R help

I would suggest a warne 1 piece 20 MOA steel base and steel TPS rings. It would be a good inexpensive relatively start.

Re: weaver V 16/ 700 5R help

I have a set of Leupold QWR on my Tikka T3 and went as far as bedding the action, of course remove scope/ring combo. Went back out after bedding at 200yds and the damned thing was within 1/2MOA from previous setting. So I have been very pleased to say the least.