• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Webbing Paint........

Tripwire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2006
VA
Got a build going on here now and currently working on the stock. Ultimately it will get textured and painted when I'm done with getting the right profile. Triple6 at Old Lodge did the action bluprint, barrel install, and OD green coating.

Contemplating the paint job and tentatively figured on doing some variation of woodland camo. BUT, I really like webbing paint over a base color. Problem is, as far as I know, the easiest place to get webbing paint is Joanne.com and it only comes in black and white, krylon.

For this stock, if I had my choice, I'd like to base color it OD green, then hit it with black webbing AND tan webbing. Anyone know where/if tan webbing paint is available?

Re: Webbing Paint........

I think that Krylon web paint comes in black, white, silver and gold but no tan. I know Eddie Fosnaugh does webbing with cerakote too, but that's certainly more money than a can of Krylon

Yeah, silver and gold too, don't need the bling tho' <grins>

Wonder if it's the nozzle that makes the web spray or if it's more the make up of the paint.

Anyone with a technique to web regular paint?

It can be done with a regular spray gun and enamel paint with low pressure as in 12 psi. I haven't tried it yet, but seen a guy putting a box for a magic show out to dry and asked how he did it.