• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Website issues??

Dutch405

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2010
Oklahoma
Ok, I would like to start by saying that I'm a big time newb and I lurk on this forum everyday. I use snipershide as an information hub and I just wanted to know what is going on??? When I google search things on the hide everytime it takes me to the forum homepage and not that particular thread. This has absolutely turned my world upside down and I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. In the newsletter I think lowlight might have touched on the loss of old posts when the switchover occurred and I understand that the change will better the hide. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dutch

EVERYONE has experienced this, unfortunately. I feel your pain. I think it's great that no one is really complaining too loudly. It shows the great deal of respect everyone has for this forum. Lowlight is trying to better the site, and there will be hiccups. Patience.

you have to use

site: forum.snipershide.com

it has been explained more than once, there is no HICCUP and his is NO ERROR

The old site had 2.5 MILLION POSTS ... MILLION. Redirects to bring the link from an old post to the new one via Google or any other search engine would have had to have been written BY HAND. 2.5 MILLION REDIRECTS all by HAND.

In order to the information from the old site which is NOW located on the NEW SITE via google you have to tell GOOGLE where to look. Telling it retrieve information from the OLD site will only get your redirected to the main page.

SITE: FORUM.SNIPERSHIDE.COM

That is the fix and the answer.

if you want to search Barrels you would type "Bartein barrels site: forum.snipershide.com"

We posted on this, we mentioned it again, and we continue to answer theses same questions OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

The search engine on the site works, try it

Sounds good, but first time I've seen this work around and I'm usually on the site several times a day. Thanks for all your hard work to get new site up and running. Have tried a few new things and I think there's great potential.

Ok, Lowlight, I really didn't mean anything by it. I do appreciate the quick reply! I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to have this information! It's funny, this place has become a part of my everyday life since late '09 and I really can't imagine having to research without it. Frank, you do a great job with this site and I appreciate all of the info that you've made available to me. Btw, I could not find any info on the search engine.......and I'd been using it since '09

I can see how it is frustrating answering the same question over and over again. Thank you again for the help!