• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weekend fun with my Barrett M82CQ pics and video:)

alpha6164

Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Took out the Barrett M82 CQ this weekend for some fun. The range i went to only had a 100yard range but i decided to do some controlled shots and also some rapid fire shots to explore the our limitations combined. I was quite impressed actually. All the talk about how the M82 is not "accurate" had me worried. I do personally think that the shorter 20" barrel provides maybe better accuracy due to its shorter stiffer barrel and less resonance or vibration as the barrel recoils in and out. It definitely does not have the velocity to make 1000-1200+ yard shots but i think for the 0-800 yard i prefer it to the M82a1. The chrome line chamber and barrel are also a nice plus:)

I fired ten shots controlled slowly about ten to fifteen seconds apart prone off the bipod at a 100yards. The ammo used was from [url="http://www.50BMGsupply.com"]www.50BMGsupply.com[/url] which was non-match AP reloads. Again i was quite impressed. I had about 1.5MOA of vertical spread but close to or less than 1MOA of lateral spread on the shots. I have no doubts that with match or better quality ammo it would be even tighter. I have previously chronod the AP reloads from 50bmgsupply.com and they chronoed ok at best, there were about 30-40ft/sec deviations from shot to shot.

Here is the pic from the controlled shot target:

IMG_0940.jpg

Then i decided to do (2) five shot strings rapid fired from prone position . My goal of the rapid fire was shooting at least one shot every second and seeing how my groups end up or what kind of target i can narrow my shots at a 100yards. Looking at the counter during editing it shows that five shots were fired right at 4 seconds. This is the first time i had shot the 50 in a rapid fire setting so did it in two 5 shots groups with 5 min wait in between. Here is the pic of the target of the rapid fire prone :

IMG_0944.jpg

Then to end the day with a bang my buddy asked me if i would dump a magazine with the M82 off shoulder. I thought about it for a second and said why not:) So here is the video:
<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-size: 20pt">
VIDEO:</span></span>

50bmg Shooting:)

Re: Weekend fun with my Barrett M82CQ pics and video:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It definitely does not have the velocity to make 1000-1200+ yard shots
</div></div>

I think you should look at some ballistic tables for .50 BMG if you think that.

Yes, agree. WTF....Easily a good shooter can do minute of ear at 1K.....maybe beyond.

I am very familiar with 50BMG ballistics. The problem is that overall the Barrett M82 series is not the most accurate because the way its barrel recoils back and forth. That causes quite a bit of a vibration. This is not a McMillan bolt action precision rifle. The 20" barrel is about ~200-250ft/sec slower so it goes subsonic with "ball ammo" somewhere around 1150-1200 yards but not very accurate beyond 800.

I am not sure how many 50BMG shoots you guys have witnessed but i have seen quite a few times that guys with the M82a1 29" barrels have a hard time hitting 6x6' targets at 1000 yards on their first shot in light wind or keep 5 out of 5 shots on it. Yes after a couple of shots and adjustments it become possible but the system does not lend itself to being the most accurate 50BMG. It is meant to dump 10 rnds of hell in a large area very quickly though and it excels at that.

Yeah, and, one shot under 5" at a K isn't bad or unexpected either, yes?

From what I have read, the M82 using ball ammo is about 2 -3 MOA at best in terms of accuracy wise. Unfortunately, I don't think you can use the AMAX ammo because of the OAL. That's another reason why I got the M99. It is a bit more accurate than the M82.

Is that the sound of a police siren at the end of the video?

Re: Weekend fun with my Barrett M82CQ pics and vid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes I read shit on here and just have to laugh. </div></div>

would you like to share ..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How Real Men Shoot- Barrett M82CQ 50 BMG Shot Standing</div></div>

For clarity: that's the Youtube vid title posted above.

When THAT video gets posted, let me know Turbo....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes I read shit on here and just have to laugh. </div></div>

+100

Less here than on other sites though. Seems that some think having the ability to actuate a trigger with little regard to the target makes you more of a man? I mean hell... its so easy a cave man could do it.

Want to impress me?

Fire each round like its the last one you'll ever fire in your life. Rinse and repeat a few thousand times over the course of a few years at ranges out to 1000yds. Then share with me what you've learned. Then you might impress me, and more importantly... I might even learn something from you. The only thing I learned from that video was that you have too much money, and that your rifle would be of better use in someone else's hands.

$40 mag dumps out of a $12,000 rifle might make you cool on barfcom, but here you'll mostly just get laughed at. ... which is why I love this site.

Orkan, remember the underwater bumpfiring thread from ARFCOM?
laugh.gif

Oh god, must you guys bring up BARFCOM? I just had a snack and want to keep it down!

The underwater bump firing thread was a must read dude! <G>

We all strive for that one perfect group like a judoka strives for that one perfect throw, BUT who among us does not feel youthful bilss after a full mag dump with a subgun or a weapon of choice??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes I read shit on here and just have to laugh. </div></div>

+100

Less here than on other sites though. Seems that some think having the ability to actuate a trigger with little regard to the target makes you more of a man? I mean hell... its so easy a cave man could do it.

Want to impress me?

Fire each round like its the last one you'll ever fire in your life. Rinse and repeat a few thousand times over the course of a few years at ranges out to 1000yds. Then share with me what you've learned. Then you might impress me, and more importantly... I might even learn something from you. The only thing I learned from that video was that you have too much money, and that your rifle would be of better use in someone else's hands.

$40 mag dumps out of a $12,000 rifle might make you cool on barfcom, but here you'll mostly just get laughed at. ... which is why I love this site. </div></div>

I could care less who you are to impress you. And to address your point, that is why i also posted targets when i did control shooting to discover the limiations of the gun and myself. I think for a 100yard with a non-match crap reload ammo its not bad. The video of the mag dump was just for fun. Take your head out of your ass and maybe you can actually enjoy yourself once in a while:)

Take care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conrad101st</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We all strive for that one perfect group like a judoka strives for that one perfect throw, BUT who among us does not feel youthful bilss after a full mag dump with a subgun or a weapon of choice?? </div></div>

Amen! I love to know the potential of my rifles and work on "my" potential for accuracy. However, it does make you grin to mag dump a subgun or rapid fire another fun semi-auto. I have an M82CQ as well but have not done the mag dump with it.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vette447</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Conrad101st said:
Amen! I love to know the potential of my rifles and work on "my" potential for accuracy. However, it does make you grin to mag dump a subgun or rapid fire another fun semi-auto. I have an M82CQ as well but have not done the mag dump with it.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Thank you:)

I wonder if you could bumpfire the Barret.
smile.gif
lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very familiar with 50BMG ballistics. The problem is that overall the Barrett M82 series is not the most accurate because the way its barrel recoils back and forth. That causes quite a bit of a vibration. This is not a McMillan bolt action precision rifle. The 20" barrel is about ~200-250ft/sec slower so it goes subsonic with "ball ammo" somewhere around 1150-1200 yards but not very accurate beyond 800.

I am not sure how many 50BMG shoots you guys have witnessed but i have seen quite a few times that guys with the M82a1 29" barrels have a hard time hitting 6x6' targets at 1000 yards on their first shot in light wind or keep 5 out of 5 shots on it. Yes after a couple of shots and adjustments it become possible but the system does not lend itself to being the most accurate 50BMG. It is meant to dump 10 rnds of hell in a large area very quickly though and it excels at that. </div></div>

Well in that case, I'm glad I own the 29" Model 99.

While the others may shit on you for a mag dump (I haven't watched your video), I enjoy an occassional mag dump myself. I've been shooting machineguns for about 10 years now and sometimes you just can't help it. I have yet to dump a mag (or actually now that I think about it even pull the trigger) on an M82 but I have plenty of .50 BMG to do it with! I would actually have to question the sanity of any shooter who doesn't get the occasional urge to do a mag dump, especially out of a .50. (No offense intended Lone Wolf.)

I might have to classify those folks as Fudds.

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes I read shit on here and just have to laugh. </div></div>

+100

Want to impress me?

$40 mag dumps out of a $12,000 rifle might make you cool on barfcom, but here you'll mostly just get laughed at. ... which is why I love this site. </div></div>

I could care less who you are to impress you. And to address your point, that is why i also posted targets when i did control shooting to discover the limiations of the gun and myself. I think for a 100yard with a non-match crap reload ammo its not bad. The video of the mag dump was just for fun. Take your head out of your ass and maybe you can actually enjoy yourself once in a while:)

Take care. </div></div>

Wow, you have an 8k+ rifle and shoot "non-match crap reload ammo".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: andre3k</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes I read shit on here and just have to laugh. </div></div>

+100

Want to impress me?

Take care. </div></div>

Wow, you have an 8k+ rifle and shoot "non-match crap reload ammo". </div></div>

Why would i shoot $7 per round match ammo at 100yards? Yes it is an expensive weapon but it is not a match ALS upper bolt action rifle. I was shooting for a match i would but to mess around the range i think 1-2MOA is plenty enough for range stuff.

Yeah, but we're not talking 1-2 moa. That "rapid fire prone" is like 6.5 moa. At 100 yards. With a 50 cal. I'd be ashamed of that weak hand with open sights on a 22 LR. In fact, I've done that with a pistol supported. I think you need to spend some time learning to shoot before you try to shoot fast, but that's just my opinion. It's your money after all.

BTW, the ammo may not be good, but it sure as hell isn't THAT bad. That's you, my man.

You must be rich... Can I have your brass???
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, but we're not talking 1-2 moa. That "rapid fire prone" is like 6.5 moa. At 100 yards. With a 50 cal. I'd be ashamed of that weak hand with open sights on a 22 LR. In fact, I've done that with a pistol supported. I think you need to spend some time learning to shoot before you try to shoot fast, but that's just my opinion. It's your money after all.

</div></div>

I never said the rapid fire prone was 2MOA. I was talking about the controlled shots from 100yards which i have posted the target. Do you even own a 50BMG. Why dont you shoot 5 shots in four seconds with a Barrett M82 and then start talking smack. You are comparing a 50BMG to your 22lR, LOL. What a joke.

I'm a joke? You're right. After all, we can all see how well you shoot......

For the record, I don't even own a 22 LR, but if I did I could hold the motherfucker between my legs shooting one handed and still turn in a better target than that shit on the bottom.

Chuff you need to stop holding back so much and just say what you feel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a joke? You're right. After all, we can all see how well you shoot......

For the record, I don't even own a 22 LR, but if I did I could hold the motherfucker between my legs shooting one handed and still turn in a better target than that shit on the bottom. </div></div>

LOL, for the record you need stop claiming about what you can do with a rifle you dont even own whether it is a 22LR or a Barrett:) Dont tell me what you can do with a 22 if you dont even own one tough guy. Like i said, go buy a Barrett or borrow one, shoot it rapid fire post targets and video as honestly as i have and then you can talk shit. Until then go troll somewhere else:)

Cheers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a no on the brass? </div></div>

I would love to but i am saving my brass:) I just purchased 2000 once fired brass from a member here along with 2000 CCI #35 primers. Slowly putting together my stuff so i can start reloading:)

Foiled again..... My Boltripper-fu is weak.

alpha6164, there sure are some real wankers out there, fuck em. Shooting is about having fun and enjoying yourself, some people are just too serious about it all (wannabe snipers). Looks like a fun piece of kit, keep having fun mate
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pongnukl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">alpha6164, there sure are some real wankers out there, fuck em. Shooting is about having fun and enjoying yourself, some people are just too serious about it all (wannabe snipers). Looks like a fun piece of kit, keep having fun mate
wink.gif
</div></div>

Someone that actually makes sense:) Thanks buddy. Yes, some people here shoot 50BMGs one hole at 1000yards rapid fired, have 12" dicks and fuck supermodels three times a day:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Foiled again..... My Boltripper-fu is weak.</div></div>

If you had a machine that emitted an eerie green glow, people would take you more seriously.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes I read shit on here and just have to laugh. </div></div>

would you like to share .......... </div></div>

Nope. Just enjoying the show. I am sure some others who have carried that weapon system are enjoying this as well.

Why is it always this way?
I visit this site for the past 3 years, I joined this week to add some knowledge to a post, then I discover that there are just as many trolls on this site than there are everywhere else, ARFCom, Machinist sites, Off-Road sites, Corvette sites, etc..

Alpha6164 just do your own thing and enjoy that Barrett. Have fun and don't worry about impressing any of those here that insist that you impress <span style="font-style: italic">them.</span> Many of those may have a cool military title, but have never squeezed the trigger in combat. They would get eaten alive if they had to bunk with the real 'vets.

I have seen many experienced shooters here offer great advice but have the social skills of a rabid badger. Just because they "Know" doesn't mean they can "Teach", or that they have "Experienced".

Let LoneWolfUSMC, chuff, Orkan and others hump each others legs on your post. With one of them posting damn near 3000 posts in <span style="font-style: italic">less than</span> a year and a half <span style="font-style: italic">on this site alone</span>, it's amazing he can still be the best shot on the planet when he can't get away from the damn keyboard.

Hey... if he wouldn't have gave the video the title "How Real Men Shoot- Barrett M82CQ 50 BMG Shot Standing"... I wouldn't have said shit.

How real men shoot?? What the fuck are you talking about? You shoot a barret standing up... so you are a real man?

If it would have been titled: "Shooting a barret standing up" I wouldn't have said a word. But its quite obvious by the title and the crap I watched in the video that its just somebody trying to be cool.

So call it leg humping or whatever you want... but video's like that just give gun owners a bad name. ... and then you sit back and wonder why they want to ban all our shit.

So go ahead and keep being Mr Cool Guy. I'll be over here learning from those that know... and attempting to apply it to my skillset. Which... by the way... is kinda what this site called "SNIPERS HIDE" is all about. NOT doing fuckn mag dumps from a 82A1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WARDOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let LoneWolfUSMC, chuff, Orkan and others hump each others legs on your post. With one of them posting damn near 3000 posts in <span style="font-style: italic">less than</span> a year and a half <span style="font-style: italic">on this site alone</span>, it's amazing he can still be the best shot on the planet when he can't get away from the damn keyboard. </div></div>

ROFL....

You are right brother. I don't know shit. I am just a 13 year old who has played to many FPS games and posts from my mom's basement.

THANKS TO ALL THOSE THAT LIKE TO DRAG DOWN THE HIDE TO ARFCOM LEVEL, YOUR PRESENCE HERE IS MOST APPRECIATED!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey... if he wouldn't have gave the video the title "How Real Men Shoot- Barrett M82CQ 50 BMG Shot Standing"... I wouldn't have said shit.

How real men shoot?? What the fuck are you talking about? You shoot a barret standing up... so you are a real man?

If it would have been titled: "Shooting a barret standing up" I wouldn't have said a word. But its quite obvious by the title and the crap I watched in the video that its just somebody trying to be cool.

So call it leg humping or whatever you want... but video's like that just give gun owners a bad name. ... and then you sit back and wonder why they want to ban all our shit.

So go ahead and keep being Mr Cool Guy. I'll be over here learning from those that know... and attempting to apply it to my skillset. Which... by the way... is kinda what this site called "SNIPERS HIDE" is all about. NOT doing fuckn mag dumps from a 82A1. </div></div>

Thanks for having one bit of a comedic side. If you took the tite as a meaning that i am a real man and everybody else is a pussy then you need to stick your head out of your ass. It was meant as a fucking joke. Ha Ha. Do you know what that is? That is why i even went thru the process of talking about taking controlled shots with 30seconds between each shots, posted the target, also posted a target of a more rapid pace to see how the gun and shooter performed. Only then at the end of the post i mentioned the video and the shooting off shoulder was just for fun. Get it?
smile.gif