• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

weight differences: Manners vs McMillan

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
I know this goes against the goals of many.....but I am actually looking for a heavy stock....especially in the butt (
crazy.gif
)

If going with their heaviest fill and putting an integral adjustable cheekpiece on each......is there much of a difference between a McmIllan A-5 and Manners T4

Re: weight differences: Manners vs McMillan

Im pretty sure I heard McMillan will fill the damn thing full of lead if you want it that way

Both great choices. As mentioned, McM will make it as heavy as you want, but Mr. Manners makes great stuff too. BMW or Lexus...your choice. Sorry, no US car maker analogy to use...although Ford is doing some great things...hope they thrive.

We could get an A5 to weigh roughly 10 lbs with an adjustable cheek piece and fixed recoil pad. We'd add weight mostly into the butt but could also add some into the forearm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We could get an A5 to weigh roughly 10 lbs with an adjustable cheek piece and fixed recoil pad. We'd add weight mostly into the butt but could also add some into the forearm. </div></div>

I'm sure the "A5" gives it away, but ShootToWin is referring to "we" as McMillan. Ryan is a great guy and very helpful.