• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weight loss

chain

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
MI USA
I guess I can post this here as well as anywhere else. Some of you who have bought some things from me know this story. Last November my wife was diagnosed with uterine cancer. Upon hearing this, my course of action was to get both of our asses in the gym and get us healthier and stronger to fight this. We are in the clinic now sheis getting her second to last chemotherapy treatment and the prognosis looks good. She has kept her energy level up and her appetite up thru the chemotherapy, the the radiation and now thru the last of the chemo. I have lost 42 lbs as of Sunday. I just wanted to say to those of you who might be having doubts or who need a boost to stick with it. Vary your workouts, lift, cardio, cardio, cardio. It also let's you vent some frustration. Give up white flour and sugar,potatoes etc. Hit it hard you will be rewarded. thank you all for your support, Sue's prognosis looks good . Thanks again

Re: Weight loss

Thats great news that the prognosis is good. Its also great news you lost 42lbs. Congrats. Keep up the good work and keep thinking positive.

The best part of your post is hearing that your wife is doing good and the prognosis looks good! I am a firm believer in the power of diet, exercise, and prayer when it comes to that nasty "C" word. My Mom is a cancer survivor and there is no doubt in my mind that those three things were a major reason for her beating it.

Another amen for you brother. Sounds like you and the Misses are fighters. Keep it up and God bless.

It defintely changes things. I sold a bunch of stuff and I cancelled an elk hunt. I have only golfed 27 holes this year when I am normally at least 36 a week. Things get put in perspective. She is a fighter, not once has she said " Why me". Thank you for the kind words. Thank you for your prayers. If this should happen to anyone else and we can be a comfort, Please don't hesitate to call on us. Thank you

I am always glad to hear of other cancer fighters out there. My father was diagnosed with stage 4 colon caner, not necessarily diet related but nonetheless, he is having to deal with fighting it off. He is nearly a year down the road from the initial treated and honestly all I can say is that between prayers from family an friends in addition to him finally listening to me about working out he is showing great progress. After a few dips he had amazingly managed to somewhat maintain his weight while building up lost size and strength. God bless

Thank you Dave and everyone else. We are counting the days until the last chemo. She appears to be in good health. We spent the weekend kayaking and fishing with relatives and the dogs, a retarded Jack Russel and my Brittany pup. Thank you for the kind words.

Brittanys will keep you young or drive you crazy. Don't listen to those breeders that say they will settle down after few years. Mine is 6'and is as hyper as the day we got him. Make sure you take him for runs or he will tear the house apart. Good luck and god bless.

Thank you. He is a handful but between me and him chasing me all around on my ATV, he gets worn out. I loves the water. It is hard to keep him from getting wet and then shaking on Sue while she is weeding somewhere.