• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weird gun purchases?

garandman

Bad Advice for Free
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Huntington WV
My local ranges are fairly primitive without standard yard markers so I'm left wondering if the target frames are 25 yd or 50 yd or 100 yd.

So I bought this :

20190806_135011.jpg

What weird gun stuff have you bought lately ?

I like targets that deliver easily identifiable hits from a distance. Clays are my No.1 choice... But I also went and got a bunch of multicolored plastic cups that I am going to fill with water the next time I go play long distance pin the tail on the donkey...

"Weird gun purchases"... I thought ya' talking about weird guns. At work few days ago some of us were having a conversation about shooting when the Chiappa Rhino revolver was brought up. I said that even though it looks badass and cyberpunky, there is not much need for it unless you are Guy Montag's character in a Equilibrium/Fahrenheit-451 crossover who intend to do more damage to the baddies than with just a flamethrower. Otherwise, a good old Smith and Wesson J or N frame, or an 1873 SAA, if you want to be old school hardcore, should suit your needs...

Wouldn't a laser rangefinder be more useful than a wheel. I once had a 100 yard range very close to my home, no markings. NEVER did I see anyone measuring the length.

But hey you never know you can always use it before a football game to confirm the field is legit.

Okay, I gotta ask. If you're in a wheelchair and you are using that device to measure with. Are you going in circles because you are only using one hand to wheel your chair? Kinda like the one arm one leg swimmer?

• Haha
Reactions: Dpp and 308pirate
Okay, I gotta ask. If you're in a wheelchair and you are using that device to measure with. Are you going in circles because you are only using one hand to wheel your chair? Kinda like the one arm one leg swimmer?

Yes.

So I just pull out my laser rangefinder and measure it.

Last edited:
Is the stupid question forum locked out or do you just like reading your own words?

This is the bear pit. Read the forum description and look at some of the rest of the other threads.

And go grab some cheese to go with your whine.

If you cannot distinguish that 75 yard targets are behind 50 yard targets and 25yd targets are in front of 50 yard targets you need to revisit 2nd grade to understand what the magnitude of numbers mean.

This from someone clearly unable to read.

I will explain it again using small words for you ...

My ranges are not real fancy. They are basically open fields with nice dirt wall berms. They have no yard markers. I have to put targets on stands and I want to get the distance exactly right.

Does that make sense or do I need to type slower for you?

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci

Known in the psychology profession as "projection."

The only thing being projected on this thread is how big of a fud you are..... The benchrest moa fud boys must love you at your local range... Telling 1 shot 1 kill stories while you walk out a 100 yards with your wheel counter lol telling em this is how operators do it. I can see it now lol . Arguing over how many brush strokes when you clean between shots. ..it's cool man I get it just expect some flak when you go full creedmoor on snipershide and not benchrest Central.

36C7BE88-2C98-467D-98BD-6AB011670720.jpg

Hey weakuilibrium... That was funny maybe the 1st 50 times I've seen it.

Try coming up with something original. Or just give it up.

Little Debbie has got a Snack for You!!!!

Weird gun things... 90mm stereoscopic German rangefinder, tar bucket, worm, mops, pendulum Hausse... pickelhaub... the usual.

Not one person has mentioned propane accessories?

Sirhr

Sometimes those get involved with the shooting I do, but almost never because that was my original plan for them. It's nit-picky, but you gotta draw lines somewhere, right?

This one time, at deer camp... My girlfriend bought me one of those new-fangled phones that flip up and have a touch screen... Wicked shit, right? Destroyer of worlds. I took it out and shot it. She wasn't too happy, but understood my reasons for doing so. We ultimately lost the battle, and now both have portable surveillance devices in our pockets that make that one look like the slightly post-9/11 era bullshit that it was.

No one has ever bought me another phone, though. At least some things went as intended.

Sometimes those get involved with the shooting I do, but almost never because that was my original plan for them. It's nit-picky, but you gotta draw lines somewhere, right?

This one time, at deer camp... My girlfriend bought me one of those new-fangled phones that flip up and have a touch screen... Wicked shit, right? Destroyer of worlds. I took it out and shot it. She wasn't too happy, but understood my reasons for doing so. We ultimately lost the battle, and now both have portable surveillance devices in our pockets that make that one look like the slightly post-9/11 era bullshit that it was.

No one has ever bought me another phone, though. At least some things went as intended.

You sure that wasn't at band camp? ;)

All the BS aside the range closest to my home, both the 100 and 200 yard targets are 2 yards short according to my Leica RF.

How do you screw that up ?

I may need to borrow that wheel.

Reactions: garandman