• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Weird Jewell Trigger Install

repiv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
The Colony Texas
www.dallasmicro.com
I have a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .223 and I am installing a Jewell trigger (top safety and bolt release) and it seems that the bolt release will not allow me to fit the bottom metal back into the stock to screw it down. I compared it to the factory trigger and the bolt release on the Jewell sticks out much wider than factory. The stock by the way is an HS precision take off. Has anyone done this before? Do I just get out the dremel and cut a notch out of the trigger guard so the bolt release can function?

Im stuck.

Thanks

Re: Weird Jewell Trigger Install

I dont mind the dremel if I have to but I just want to see if this is normal or if anyone else has seen this? The bolt release is very close to the stock. I can get the trigger guard and bottom metal to go in but its so tight the bolt release will not function. Im holding the stock trigger for comparison. You can see how its bolt release does not stick out as far.

2012-03-27212301.jpg

That is normal. We have to do this with the badger dbm's as well. You can dremel or mill(better results) the area enough to clear the small pivot arm for the safety and you're done

X Mark inlet to Jewell inlet-
1.Fwd RH corner of inlet will need to be relieved fwd approx 1/4".
2.Inlet depth will need to be cut .150" deeper on both sides of trigger housing for safety pin/bellcrank function.
3.Trigger guard needs relief for bolt release function.
4.LH aft corner mill cut requires clearance for bolt stop/lever clearance.

Take your time with the dremel, or use a small file. Like the others already said, it's normal with the Jewell. Best of luck.