• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weird seating issue

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2005
    grand rapids, michigan
    www.adamboynton.com
    I have load thousands of rounds with my current 6mm creedmoor setup on my Dillon 650. Redding comp neck sizer, k&n neck mandrel, Redding body die, powder drop and then Redding competition seater. I tried to do some load testing today and every round I loaded looked like this

4AF6D395-5ACC-4AAC-A660-989387CDC4BC.jpeg

I don’t get it? The inside dimensions of the neck are .241 so there really is no good reason it would be peeling back the jacket.

Looks like it's mostly a chamfering issue. In addition, there could also be too much seating resistance due to hardened brass and/or too much neck tension. . .???

Shit happens.

The good thing is you figured it out and it's an easy fix.

I started using a cordless screwdriver with a homade 1/4 x 8/32 to run a Lyman vld champher tool it's quick quiet self aligning and you can get a feel / rithem going.

A lot of brass I do is too short to trim on a tryway since it hasn't hit trim length. (223 federal) for one.

Reactions: Adam B