• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well got my new toy any thoughts?

codep

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2011
Georgia
http://www.ambushfirearms.com/

Those of you that have been shooting the 6.8 spc let me know your feelings on this round please, this gun will be used for hunting predator's coyotes and hogs looking at the hornadys 110 grn or the 85 gr, if you are interested in one of these I will pm you the info to the man at Ambush firearms (Daniel Defense) yep it is a DD gun. So fire away could use your input.

Re: Well got my new toy any thoughts?

speck,

There's hardly a comparison made that this round isn't compared to the 6.5 Grendel. I'll start with saying both cases have almost the same capacity. More or less, one way or the other depending on which brass you use. So literally, they have the same power potential.

So,up to 500 yards this round stays right with it. Where it loses out to the Grendel is that in an AR the case is too long to hold a high BC bullet...and fit in a magazine. With a short action bolt gun you won't have that problem.

But, that wasn't your purpose with it. Your stated purpose was 110 gr. down to 85 gr. bullets shot at faster speeds. For that this round is excellent. Both in an AR and a bolt gun.

Because of the limited case size, you can get exponentially better results as you go to smaller bullets. Because you increase powder capacity by decreasing bullet size. The only thing to watch for there is to not have too slow of a powder loaded in an AR so that you get too high of pressure at the gas port. Somewhere in there is the perfect bullet wt. vs. powder speed and still fill the case 100%.

If you aren't trying to reach to or past 800 yds., this round will get it done.

Re: Well got my new toy any thoughts?

Sandwarrior thank you for the info, living here in the south I will never take a shot out past 300-400 yds and they are few and far between, this is the kinda of info I am looking for so I do appreciate the time you took to post your info.