• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well, I think I finally got ripped-off!

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
'Morning folks, I have been searching for a pistol that will be more comfortable shooting with my arthritic hands. I already have a S&W M&P Shield EZ 9mm, but stumbled upon reviews of the new Walther CCP M2 and decided I could not live without one. In searching on-line sites for availability and best price I found a gun shop in Anchorage, AK. Sparing you the gory details, I checked out their website, purchase requirements and shipping data, and available reviews. They looked on the up and up, buy these folks are refusing to answer any of my contact attempts post order. I know that many gun shops are just very busy and are up front about their inability to return all emails and phone calls, but I now have an uncomfortable feeling about these guys. Have any of you done business with raniersec.com., located at 301 Arctic Slope Ave, Anchorage, AK 99518, 888-342-7509?[/B] This post is as much a warning as it is a request for information. They have very good prices on their firearms and provided a detailed description of their products, but are not responding. On my account page my order is marked as "Completed" on 5/14/2021. That's all I know. If you folks have any information to contribute, I would be very pleased to hear from you. As my sainted grandfather use to say, "stupidity should be painful".

Last edited:
A quick review search of them would have saved you some money!!

Reactions: Rio2019
Five minutes of google search pretty much confirms you got scammed. Your beer googles may have gotten fogged up with promises of a juicy deal.

The (photoshopped?) picture of their "storefront" doesn't match the construction of the building they show as their address. There are several threads on other firearms sites about it being a scam, and huge red flags on their ordering/payment processes.

Then there's this -- BBB says, "On February 24, 2021, Better Business Bureau was alerted to a firearms business operating as RanierSec, http://www.raniersec.com, in Anchorage, Alaska 99518. Consumers allege ordering firearms and firearm related products that are not delivered as promised. Consumers further allege they are required make purchases using a “vanilla gift card.” Consumers report they later discovered the business used the gift cards for purchases on ebay and other retail outlets.

RanierSec does not have an approved FFL license required by Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) and they are not a licensed business in the state of Alaska.

On February, 24, 2021 and March 8, 2021, Better Business Bureau reached out to RanierSec for a response to the consumer allegations and licensing issues, however, as of March 22, 2021, the business has not responded."

Sorry for your loss.

"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment."

IF you used a CC, call them and cancel. If you paid any other way, you lost.

Reactions: The King
A quick review search of them would have saved you some money!!

You know Ronnie, in retrospect I should have done a lot more research! In my 3+ decades of purchasing firearms, parts, and ammo, this is my first case of fraud. Most of the people that buy and sell firearms are typically good, honest people. So yes, I should have done much more research at places like complaintboard. com. As I said above, "stupidity should be painful". I wish I knew someone up in Alaska that could shake their world. Thank you for your time in commenting to my post. Best, Glenn

Looks like a scam site... You have to pay in bitcoin or Amazon gift cards??

Current Alerts For This Business​

Alert:
On February 24, 2021, Better Business Bureau was alerted to a firearms business operating as RanierSec, http://www.raniersec.com, in Anchorage, Alaska 99518. Consumers allege ordering firearms and firearm related products that are not delivered as promised. Consumers further allege they are required make purchases using a “vanilla gift card.” Consumers report they later discovered the business used the gift cards for purchases on ebay and other retail outlets.

RanierSec does not have an approved FFL license required by Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) and they are not a licensed business in the state of Alaska.

On February, 24, 2021 and March 8, 2021, Better Business Bureau reached out to RanierSec for a response to the consumer allegations and licensing issues, however, as of March 22, 2021, the business has not responded.

p.s. If you paid with a credit card.. just call them and tell them about the scam.. they'll reverse the charges.

Since it hasn't been mentioned, call your local police and ask to file a police report. (granted its slim) but if they're ever found and charged, you'll have a report to show your details if and when any restitution is made. The local PD may also be able to contact Alaska and have them check the address.

Definitely sucks but hopefully you can find something good to come of this.

Reactions: camocorvette
Since it hasn't been mentioned, call your local police and ask to file a police report. (granted its slim) but if they're ever found and charged, you'll have a report to show your details if and when any restitution is made. The local PD may also be able to contact Alaska and have them check the address.

Definitely sucks but hopefully you can find something good to come of this.
Slash, I wondered about that possibility. It does sound like a long shot, but I'm going to poke around today to see if I can register a complaint with one, or more, police departments!

Reactions: Slash0311
They probably operate out of Nigeria.

edit: Mailing address out of iceland? Kalkofnsvegur 2, Reykjavik, Capital Region, 101, IS
That's probably fake too.

Last edited:
I got stung last year by a different piece of shit, I paid with a CC so it was easy to reverse the charges. It’s easy to become complacent, if I wasn’t purchasing from Midway, Brownells, or Primary Arms then it was from a Hide vendor. Good service and if you have an issue it usually gets taken care of quick with these companies.

I learned my lesson, it’s back to Google checking any company before making a purchase.

'Morning folks, I have been searching for a pistol that will be more comfortable shooting with my arthritic hands. I already have a S&W M&P Shield EZ 9mm, but stumbled upon reviews of the new Walther CCP M2 and decided I could not live without one. In searching on-line sites for availability and best price I found a gun shop in Anchorage, AK. Sparing you the gory details, I checked out their website, purchase requirements and shipping data, and available reviews. They looked on the up and up, buy these folks are refusing to answer any of my contact attempts post order. I know that many gun shops are just very busy and are up front about their inability to return all emails and phone calls, but I now have an uncomfortable feeling about these guys. Have any of you done business with raniersec.com., located at 301 Arctic Slope Ave, Anchorage, AK 99518, 888-342-7509?[/B] This post is as much a warning as it is a request for information. They have very good prices on their firearms and provided a detailed description of their products, but are not responding. On my account page my order is marked as "Completed" on 5/14/2021. That's all I know. If you folks have any information to contribute, I would be very pleased to hear from you. As my sainted grandfather use to say, "stupidity should be painful".
The phone number of 888 is a red flag

call your credit card and file a fraud claim.

It's coming...... honest...

Attachments

• f1a8bba7bae813e6c9c5b9cfa2530630.jpg
    f1a8bba7bae813e6c9c5b9cfa2530630.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 83
They would accept payment only with a Visa Vanilla Card, which I prepaid at Walgreens.

Oof

Yeah gift card are for gifts only, and you gave them a gift sadly.

call your credit card and file a fraud claim.

He paid in gift cards, he got the gift card, no fraud as far as the CC companies go.

Best bet is MAYBE talking to the web hosting company and forwarding this all to them, maybe they’ll take down their website.

Domain name register (I’d start here)

His servers (not a good sign)

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with an 888 prefix, that simply means that it's a toll free number much like 800 and a couple others.
Most larger mail order business have had toll free numbers for decades. The company I work for has had an 888 number as the primary toll free order number for almost 3 decades now.

Having some "official" area code on your phone number means next to nothing these days since you can get almost any area code phone number you want.

They would accept payment only with a Visa Vanilla Card, which I prepaid at Walgreens.

Did you buy the prepaid visa card from walgreens and then use it like a regular credit card (as in give them the number and expiration date after you activated it), or did you give them all the activation codes and all that stuff?

If you did the first, it might help to call up the credit card company and see if they will give you any help in reversing the charges (slim chance, but at least it's something). If you did the second.... (here's your sign)...

This has got to be a parody...right???

Who the hell would pay for a gun with a "vanilla prepaid card"....

Some of yall are dumber than a sack of bricks....

Doc
Oh, it’s this asshole again arrogantly lording over some poor smuck who got ripped off.

Oh yeah, I remember you and your act wrt to Brennan and the primers.

I will say what I said then:

schadenfreude = taking pleasure at another’s misfortune = asshole.

But I’m sure the OP feels some quiet satisfaction by helping you and your w your insecure ego by allowing you to feel ever so superior to him as being dumber than a sack of bricks.

how long did it take your to become such a dedicated dick, “Doc” ( yeah, right)

Sorry to hear about your luck! Ive seen a lot of fake ammo sites lately as well. If there is 9mm brass in stock for under .40 its a scam.

Yep, these have sprouted up over the past year or so. Lots of them.

Buyer beware.
Too good to be true, then it probably is.

Oh, it’s this asshole again arrogantly lording over some poor smuck who got ripped off.

But I’m sure the OP feels some quiet satisfaction by helping you and your w your insecure ego by allowing you to feel ever so superior to him as being dumber than a sack of bricks.

Last time I checked, I didn't have to check in with you to have an opinion.....

This is in the bear pit....

Fuck off.

Doc

Oh and this motherfucker that joined in Mar of 2020.....

Fucking noob....

Doc

So wait, I can use all these pre paid cards I’ve received as gifts to buys guns now

Thieves are shit.
I am so cautious about purchasing online.
Always someone out there trying to rip you off.
Hope @Rio2019 gets his hard earned pingers back.
Even with "reputable" dealers, I grit my teeth before hitting the pay button.
Then there is the fucken postal system to sweat over.🙄

Looking at the listed address of 301 Arctic Slope Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99518 does not look like any kind of gun store is located there. Flags on google maps shows Morris Alaska, Anchorage Media Group, ABC of Alaska, and a few other places. Location is a three story office building.

I got greedy, and too trusting of people who sell and buy firearms. And yes, this is the first and last time!
Trusting? I don’t think that’s the word you’re looking for. All the best education is expensive or painful, and you my friend just went to school.

Oh and this motherfucker that joined in Mar of 2020.....

Fucking noob....

Doc
Who gives a fuck. What...you think you have seniority on fucking Internet forum. LOL

and that’s all you got? Pitiful but at the same time funny.

Yeah, I’ve been here a bit over a year and you’re still an asshole who takes his pleasure at others misfortune.

I got your number, ace. LOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Doc68
Hey my friends, I know I posted in the Bear Pit, but it was not my intention to start a sparring match between members. I value most every comment and learn from the collective experience and wisdom from all those that take the time to sent comments, even when I get rough brushed. Thanks to all of you!

Not only that my firewall instantly blocks their site from loading because it’s infected with malware. If you guys actually surfed their site I’d probably be changing some account passwords

Who gives a fuck. What...you think you have seniority on fucking Internet forum. LOL

and that’s all you got? Pitiful but at the same time funny.

Yeah, I’ve been here a bit over a year and you’re still an asshole who takes his pleasure at others misfortune.

I got your number, ace. LOL
Must have missed the post above that, I DONT care what you say or think.

This was posted again in "the bear pit", in other words, a free for all.

So yeah understanding the forums and sub forums comes a little easier for me, since I have been around a bit longer.

Get thicker skin.

Its Doc, not ace, we aren't playing cards kiddo.

Doc

Must have missed the post above that, I DONT care what you say or think.

This was posted again in "the bear pit", in other words, a free for all.

So yeah understanding the forums and sub forums comes a little easier for me, since I have been around a bit longer.

Get thicker skin.

Its Doc, not ace, we aren't playing cards kiddo.

Doc
Thicker foreskin

• Love