• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Well, I went out looking for coyotes...

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    And found something even rarer in this area than primers on the shelf at the sporting goods store. Truly a needle in the haystack. I watched them initially from 580 yards [ a couple roadkill deer s o m e h o w managed to find their way to the 512 yard berm] šŸ˜.

Also today saw some mule deer and whitetail deer, eagles, magpies, ducks, and geese. Great day to be out, would have been nice to see a coyote or three. No complaints though.

I gotta get a phone scope or something similar!
    20210301_065620.jpg
    20210301_064612.jpg

That's a pretty cool backyard picture. I miss my backyard when I was at the old farmhouse. They would be trying to get him during deer season and they would all congregate around my target on the other hillside. Funny thing is they always said it was my shooting that chased off all the deer, yet there sitting right in my rangešŸ˜„

I heard a mess of coyotes howling and hollering last night about a 150 to 200yd from the home. I live right on the edge of town but I couldn't make them out in the trees with my NV scope. Looks like I'm gonna have to pony up to thermal.

But no spikes. Nothing legal.:cry:
    Jeff zoom in to look at middle elk of the picture of 3, beeg horns, beeg!šŸ‘

Any elk season in this area during hunting season, so the herd gets little chance to grow sadly.

was hunting wabbits and saw this rascally unruley critter
    1614700851556.png

now if only i could find a holy hand grenade to deal with it and its evil ways . nothing this quite is without evil intentions .

• Haha
    Reactions: theLBC and DIBBS
    No coyotes today either...

BUT
    20210302_082528.jpg
    20210302_082852.jpg

I need a camera! These are pretty rare too! Perhaps I should head to the toystore to find tons of powdah and tens of thousands primers. Or perhaps buy a lottery ticket.šŸ¤”

Last edited:
    That's really cool. When I lived on the dry side in all my years hiking, & biking all over I never saw a moose.
    I see a stick not horns but I'm looking with my phone. A guy in the camp next to mine shot a spike last year but it had maybe 1/4" forks on top. F&G took his tags but didn't fine him. Shitty situation. I wouldn't have seen them without a spotting scope inside 200 yds.:confused:

I went out and called a stand on Saturday morning. I was about a half hour into the set and glassing around when about 1000 yards off I saw a coyote stand up. It stretched, walked a small circle, and plopped back down in the early morning sun to take a nap šŸ˜‚ So I packed up, and walked in to jump it. It took off well before I was in range.

Coyote- 1
    Me- 0

Reactions: DIBBS