• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well I'm getting jerked around again!

Exemer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Last month on the 5th i ordered a package from LA Police gear that was very important for work and weapons qualification. Also included in the package was a pelican storm case for my rifles. The expected time for the case to be in stock was 1-2 weeks, but everything else is in stock. So i figure that will be plenty of time for me to get ready and have my belt and other items in order. Well that shit didnt happen, 2 weeks passed and i checked my order, says it is still back ordered.
I send an email to the company and they say that the case will be in next week, and i also told them I need it for my job and they say that it will arrive. So i wait another week, check the status- Nothin. I then use a live chat feature they have and talk to "Francine". She says that they will be in the very next week and apologizes. Well tough tity for me because weapons qualification was this week and i have to use my old piece of shit duty belt my department has been battered and abused some much from person to person for what appears to be 15 years. When i draw my pistol, its not rigid enough to stay on my hip so i basically bring my belt over my navel a little when i draw. Very frustrating!
Well another week passes and still no package, i again chat with "Francine" and she says "We are at the mercy of the manufacturer we order the cases from." and that it will take an additional 1-2 weeks, I nearly lost it and told her that because of my belt situation i am putting a handicap on myself if i ever come into a hostile situation. "If you come for a fair fight you are not Prepared". I Then tell her that it is completely unprofessional that they treat their customers like dumbshits and she responds by saying " Well i can send the rest of your ordered itmes for a seperation fee" And AGAIN I go Balistic. Telling her that i could have gotten all this shit locally (The cases, Some distribute but you have to pay a higher price and no officer discounts), and even that one of the items was including free shipping, and the quote they say about their backorder was if the amount of items in stock was more than the backordered they would sen the instock out. BULLSHIT!!!! I then continue to bitch about how they have continuously jerked me around and spewed lies at me, they said the fee would be waived.
Francine then assured me it would go out either monday or today, its fucking tuesday and hasnt shipped yet. Am i the only person being fucked by these lying assholes. Im venting and just want to warn everyone that if you want assurance talk to the fuckin head boss and get a viable statement.

Re: Well I'm getting jerked around again!

No Sir! You are not the only one. I ordered from LA police Gear one time and one time only. I called them on the phone, prior to making the on line order, to be sure the items I wanted were in stock. They told me they were, I place the order, and got a confirmation that they were in stock, and shipping. Order arrived, half the items were not in box, paper work indicated that they were "temp out of stock".
I called them to return half order, as I had been lied to, they told me to pay return shipping, and that they would not issue me a pick up tag! A call to USAA (my mc is issued by USAA) I cancelled the payment, and gave LAP the option of sending someone around to pick up the half order-on my time, within three days, or I would start to charge them storage fees, I figured when someone lies to you to get your money, there is no meeting them half way. Needless to say, I had to order my gear from someone else, and vowed never to do business with those low life lying scumbags again. (Did I mention they e-mailed me everything was in stock and would ship as soon as I gave them my CC info?)

Hmm, I have ordered many things from them and have yet to have a problem at all. usually get my stuff within 2 to 3 days time. Have ordered boots, cases, 550 cord, all kinds of stuff. Guess I must be lucky. Sorry you are having such a tough time with them. I have ordered stuff from Botach tactical and have never had a problem with them either, but many here have. Don't know what to say

Ive actually been loyal to them for 2 years, i must have bought close to $2,000 worth of things from them and only a few times were they not delivered or shipped on time, the rest came in damaged boxes. No big deal, but now they decide to start fuckin with me and at a very important time where it could mean pass/fail and life/death. i even explained it to them that its very important and who i was and who i worked for, they didnt give a shit. I even got written up by my fuckin Lieutenant for my attire (Belt and Belt keepers) being in shabby condition. In my mind "Mother fucker, your dumbass issued me my gear and dont give me a spending budget for needed items". Royaly pissed and dont know whether i will shit or go blind if its not shipped tomorrow.

Ive never had a problem with LAPG either. I order from them often. Ive gotten some killer deals from them as well. 6 pairs of 5.11 shorts for 10 dollars a pair, Bates boots for 50 bucks. All kinds of little stuff for cheap as well. Only hiccup Ive ever had was with a small bag, they were out of the color I wanted and sent me an email saying that is what was holding up my order but had other colors in stock and wanted to know if I wanted to switch colors to expedite my order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exemer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive actually been loyal to them for 2 years, i must have bought close to $2,000 worth of things from them and only a few times were they not delivered or shipped on time, the rest came in damaged boxes. No big deal, but now they decide to start fuckin with me and at a very important time where it could mean pass/fail and life/death. i even explained it to them that its very important and who i was and who i worked for, they didnt give a shit. I even got written up by my fuckin Lieutenant for my attire (Belt and Belt keepers) being in shabby condition. In my mind "Mother fucker, your dumbass issued me my gear and dont give me a spending budget for needed items". Royaly pissed and dont know whether i will shit or go blind if its not shipped tomorrow. </div></div>

Sounds like a personal problem to me really man. Im sorry but if you were to call me and rant and rave that you were a cop and what not it wouldnt make a kill of beans to me either. I am sorry but I wouldnt treat you any different than any other customer. To think that you should get special treatment just because you are LEO is kinda odd to me.

As far as being issued something and it not being good enough thats a different story.

I wasn't ranting or raving that i needed special treatment, just that it is important and they failed to do what they themselves had personally guaranteed to do if an items was on backorder status. The only people that need speedy and accurate service are military personnel, no one needs to be treated like an idiot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exemer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The only people that need speedy and accurate service are military personnel, no one needs to be treated like an idiot.</div></div>

really? why ?

Cousin is in the military and if he needs something that could possibly make him more comfortable or even more properly equipped i would want them to treat him better than civilians, he is ready to protect the very freedom to treat customers like this. So are you saying that military personnel should be treated like i am right now, do you oppose them being given what is in dire need?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exemer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cousin is in the military and if he needs something that could possibly make him more comfortable or even more properly equipped i would want them to treat him better than civilians, he is ready to protect the very freedom to treat customers like this. So are you saying that military personnel should be treated like i am right now, do you oppose them being given what is in dire need? </div></div>

me thinks bolt is suggesting that LEO should be afforded the same treatment as MIL...

FWIW, i've not had a problem with LAPG but I have experienced the perpetual back order with Midway. Luckily, they were easy to deal with and just cancel the backorder stuff. I really dislike the second shipping charge on backorders though, I think they should eat that as a courtesy.

Cabela's has the best shipping policies, IMHO. I like the pre-paid no questions returns. They jerked me around a bit on a pair of defective danner boots, but they did eventually make it right. Just a lack of communication between the phone reps and the returns dept.

Natchez is on my shit list though. I returned some BC covers (at my expense on postage) which they incorrectly told me would fit my scope, and they charged my CC without consent for shipping the new ones. The packing slip makes it sounds like you have to pay postage back to them, it doesn't clarify both ways. So after spending more on shipping than the fucking caps, I am never dealing with Natchez again. I'm aware they probably didn't make the policy ambiguous on purpose, but it's negligent in my opinion.

A friend and I have ordered from them and have experienced what you described. We keep going back because some of the stuff is cheap. We just know that there is a chance to get screwed everytime. The shipping in different shipments due to stocking and then charging extra shipping is the biggest load of crap in the retail arena. They are the only people I have seen do that. But some of the stuff is priced awesome. Just kow what you are dealing with.

Well, you are not alone, but be advised that LA Police Gear is not the only one that does this to customers. You can get some great deals from them, just beware and don't order anything from them that you need right away. It's really a gamble when you order from almost anyone these days whether they actually have what you order in stock and can ship right away (despite what they tell you). It's just the way of the world in our modern society of leaner and meaner business practices and "hurry up and wait" attitudes. Many vendors have "just in time" stocking policies, some don't really stock much of anything (they drop ship your order direct from the manufacturer), sometimes delays are caused by a simple mistake or mixup.

Bottom line is...don't wait till the last minute and expect to get your stuff when you need it! That way you will never be disappointed. If it's any consolation, I get caught in a bind myself from time to time waiting on something to ship that I need right away, but usually it comes back to me dragging my feet on deciding what I want. I try to practice the 6-P's (Proper Prepperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance)
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have experienced the perpetual back order with Midway.</div></div>

Yeah, but Midways website at least tells you up front if the item is in stock or not.

Unlike LAPG, Botach, Optics Planet, etc. who don't actually stock (in my experience) 95% of the shit thats on their websites, even though there is no indication whatsoever on their websites that the items are not in stock.

Well I finally got all my shit today less the pelican case. Now I just need to set the duty belt up and practice drawing weapon on a stable system. A little tight around the waist so I'll have got tighten my belt and lose a few pounds. Should have ordered bigger belt, atleast I could have adjusted that more.