• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well it is a bolt action but just won't shoot

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
Well I saw this in the catalog the other week so I ordered the kit and used some wood I had in the shop. I don't know what kind it is since it wasn't labeled. I think it came out pretty darn good. The kit comes in gold, and in gun metal too, and can use 100's of different woods or acrylics.

IMG_4964.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

Re: Well it is a bolt action but just won't shoot

I wonder if it is california legal, then again who cares.
give a new meaning to the saying " the pen is mightier than te sword"
very nice.

I like it. I could use it to offend the left wingers I work with in manner very difficult for them to have any good comebacks. Priceless.

very classy! i would like to fill out a 4473 with that lol

That is beautiful where is the kit from.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is beautiful where is the kit from.</div></div>

+1 Id like to know also, turned out very nice.

Damn Southpaws!! Do they offer it in a R-handed variant??
wink.gif

Joking aside...looks interesting. More details on the "kit" please!!

I got the kit from Pen State Industries. Thinking of making a hand selected Buckeye Burl 24K next time.

LOL no they only make the left bolt that I know of. My dad and I have been playing around and have made a dozen or so pens lately. I am really liking working with the acrylics the most, even though they stink like hell when you are turning them. I want to pick up the rattlesnake skin blank to do one of them but they are EXPENSIVE to get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would love to hear more </div></div>

About which one?

Going to be building a gun metal one for a guy at the gun club I belong to. I will post that one once it comes in and is finished.

Can you please post a link or something to track where you got this kit?

I really like the pen and I'd like to make something like this for my dad's Christmas present this year.

Bohem, if you go to Pen State Industries website you can find the rifle pens. They have been on the first page there for a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would love to hear more </div></div>

About which one?

Going to be building a gun metal one for a guy at the gun club I belong to. I will post that one once it comes in and is finished. </div></div>

Sorry,

The how much....the where....etc.

Chiller, depending on the wood or acrylic used anywhere form $50-75, unless you want something real exotic like the rattle snake skin, antlers, ect...

That might be hard for Keith over at PCR to get threaded LOL