• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Well it's august and still no sign of it

Re: Well it's august and still no sign of it

Little hard to update you when we don't know what you're asking us to update...

You don't know?
I guess you already have the scope you want.

Vortex Tactical

The best info I can give you is that Vortex does not want to rush into a release of a product that they cannot deliver. Best guess on the Tactical scopes would be late fall.
Having been in this industry for as long as I can remember (We've been family owned and operated since 1957) the norm is for a company to announce that they are coming out with a new product, get the public all hot on it and then it winds up with a small initial shipment and then a crazy backorder situation that kills the product (or in the case of some European companies, announce a product that 3 years later still is not available).
Vortex has not officially released info on this new line other than they are working on it. They showed a prototype at SHOT this year. A great prototype. It will be an excellent product, as all of their products seem to be, however, they never did put a release date on it. My feeling is that on or before the upcoming January SHOT show we will have them ready to ship. We will make a post as soon as a true release date becomes available and we will update that when the product does arrive.

Thanks for your input Doug.
I don't doubt your educated guess on this.

If nothing else, this scope has generated some discussion, discussion that hopefully will influence other optics companies to make tactical scopes that will be more useful.

I will say I got pretty excited about the prospect of a quality scope that would be more affordable.
We'll just have to see what happens.

The build I had in mind for this scope is one of those that is taking quite a while anyway. (Rock barrel shipping next week!)

I have been encouraged by some pretty decent prices on some nice used scopes for sale here on the hide lately.
Maybe I'll end up with something even better. Who knows?