• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well my first AR10 style platform is 99% complete

Howie Feltersnatch

Deep in my Plums.
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2007
Largo, FL.
I got my LR308 about 99% done. The only thing I am waiting on to get here is my Tango Down pistol grip. Other than that she is all done.

I can't wait to go out and start the ladder test and develop a round for this guy. Here are the parts I used.

DPMS Lower (Early serial 2XXX range)
RRA 2 Stage Trigger
DPMS A3 Upper
DPMS Chrome Carrier
Noveske 20" barrel (Cut from 21")
Troy MRF 13.8 rail
Larue Tactical gas block
Vortex FH
Magpul PRS Stock
Badger Tactical Latch
YHM Front and Rear Sights
Harris 6-9 BRM-S
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x
Larue Tactical LT104 1.5
Anti Cant Level
T.I.S. Cuff Sling

1000662.jpg

1000661p.jpg

1000663v.jpg

1000664z.jpg

Hopefully she shoots well!

Re: Well my first AR10 style platform is 99% complete

Nice! Which anti-cant level did you get

Sweet looking rifle. I've been debating on building one and just get side tracked.Let us know how it shoots.

nice. maybe try one of them rail mounted sling mounts to move the mounting point off of the bipod. i just need my BCG!

Any issues with the Noveske barrel in the DPMS receiver?

Thanks for all the words guys. I hope she shoots good.

Axeman- I know I need to. I want to place an order for one or hopefully find one used.

Oodin- None at all. It was a simple drop in.

top notch build! very nice looking too- so interested in seeing what kind of MOA you are going to get -

Also if it is not too much trouble what would a ball park cost be on this build?

Thanks!

Was the gas port opened up at all with the barrel being shortened?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dirtyboots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">top notch build! very nice looking too- so interested in seeing what kind of MOA you are going to get -

Also if it is not too much trouble what would a ball park cost be on this build?

Thanks!</div></div>

This was my pathetic attempt to take out the left and right side of this 1 inch dot. My first shot was low left until I laddered up and hit the left corner on my fourth shot. 5th was low right and then a hit on my 6th. A fun little game. The thing groups nice. 125 yards will factory walmart winchester 150gr ammo.

groupt.jpg

Very cool. So there are no issues putting an AR-10 barrel in a DPMS receiver correct? Did you use an Armalite BCG or DPMS?

And no special barrel nut correct?

Please contact Lowlight if you are going to be a vendor here on the site.

the barrel nut threads are different between the two. you just need one for the right maker. its dpms pattern or armalite pattern just gotta get the one or the other. if you go dpms BCG they are only $210. dont pay much more than that

good looking product ARctangent. nice and smart and beefy looking too. i see your newish so you may want to see the section about selling stuff. but welcome and thats a nice dealy there. i wish i still had my PRS

I didn't have any. I use a DPMS bolt/carrier. The troy rail that's on my came with an LR308 barrel nut so I was good to go.

Hey Erik. I have seen this weapon and it is really a great looking and firing rifle. Oh I took your advise and come over for a visit. After seeing this weapon my next build will be one of these
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemedic2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Erik. I have seen this weapon and it is really a great looking and firing rifle. Oh I took your advise and come over for a visit. After seeing this weapon my next build will be one of these
grin.gif
</div></div>

Hey bud small world huh?

how heavy it it? u going to shoot it with a can?

Sweet looking rifle. I cant find anything bad to say about the RRA trigger. I love mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dirtyboots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also if it is not too much trouble what would a ball park cost be on this build?

Thanks! </div></div>

Here is the breakdown and what I did:

Here is a close up of the receiver for you. If you want any additional pics please ask.

railp.jpg

As far as how this rifle came about I'll explain the best I can. It may get confusing...haha.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I initially bought the rifle with the following par</span>ts:</span>

DPMS A3 Upper (Kept)
DPMS Lower (Kept)
A2 Stock (Replaced)
Hogue Grip (Currently waiting on it's replacement (Tango Down))
RRA NM 2 Stage (Kept)
Badger Latch CH (Kept)
DPMS Chrome Carrier (Kept)
Larue Tactical Gas Block (kept)
Armalite Match Barrel (Replaced)
Armalite Free Float Tube (Replaced)
Vortex FH (Kept)
PMag (Kept)

Total Cost: <span style="font-weight: bold">$900</span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Parts I add</span>ed:</span>

Magpul PRS Stock- $200
Troy MRF Rail- $250
Larue LT104- $190
Bipod Adaptor- $20
Tango Down PG- $15
Noveske Barrel- $300 (I have a really good friend!!!)

Total Cost: <span style="font-weight: bold">$975</span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Parts I already had and what I paid for th</span>em:</span>

Leupold Mark 4- $900
ACD- Free
YHM Sight Set- Came on a Sig 556. But also came with the stock sights so pulled these off and when I sold the Sig included the stock sights. Free
Harris Bipod- $50
Rail Covers- $20
T.I.S. Sling- Free

Total Cost: <span style="font-weight: bold">$970</span>

So the complete cost for money spent recently to get this rifle running the way I want is: <span style="font-weight: bold">$1875</span>, and including the parts I already had: <span style="font-weight: bold">$2845</span>.

I feel that I did really, really well. I added up everything what it would cost new and I came up with the figure of: <span style="font-weight: bold">$4,404</span> without taxes, shipping, etc.

DPMS base rifle: $1169
A3 Upgrade: $75
Chrome BCG upgrade: $50
Harris Bipod: $100
Magpul PRS: $240
Noveske Barrel: $400 (They cost $600 but minus the $200 for a stock DPMS barrel)
Badger Latch- $40
Larue LT104- $200
Troy rail- $280
YHM sight set- $150
Vortex FH- $90
Mark 4- $1300
2 Stage Trigger- $100
T.I.S. Sling- $70
Larue Gas Block- $70
Bipod adaptor- $30
Tango Down Grip- $40

Chen- I'm not sure of the exact weight, but it's not too bad. I do plan on canning it eventually.

Red, yes the RRA triggers are just fine. Couldn't be happier.

I also have just bought a NF so I am replacing the Mark4 with the NF. I can't wait to get it.