• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well there went that idea....

Chingon

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 28, 2012
    NOVA
    Grand jury to get case of Texas dad who beat alleged child molester to death

A Texas prosecutor said the case of a rancher who beat to death a man he caught allegedly molesting his daughter will go to a grand jury to decide whether the killing was justified, or an act of excessive force.

The father, whose name has not been released by authorities, claims he caught the man trying to molest his 4-year-old daughter on his ranch Saturday. Although Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the girl’s father is unlikely to be arrested, District Attorney Heather McMinn told FoxNews.com the case remains under investigation and that the Texas Rangers have joined the probe.

“Once completed, [results of the investigation] will be forwarded to the district attorney’s office and it will be taken to a grand jury,” McMinn told FoxNews.com. “They’re still investigating what happened at this point.”

The grand jury will ultimately decide what charges -- if any -- the girl’s father will face, McMinn said.

Relatives of the 47-year-old dead man -- who is from Gonzales and does not appear to have a criminal record -- had not been located as of Tuesday, McMinn said. His name will not be released until those relatives are found, she said.

“My understanding is that they are looking for family members in Mexico,” McMinn said.

Harmon, who could not be reached for comment Tuesday, said earlier that no evidence has led investigators to doubt the father’s account, he said.

“There doesn’t appear to be any reason other than what he told us,” Harmon said.

The victim was an “acquaintance” of the father who visited the ranch to help care for some horses, according to Harmon, adding he did not know how long the men may have known each other prior to the alleged incident.

The girl’s father notified police late Saturday afternoon that he attacked a man he caught attempting to sexually assault his daughter near a barn where horses were kept, Harmon said.

“In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died,” Harmon said.

The girl was taken to a hospital to be examined and was later released, Harmon said. The victim's body was taken to the Travis County medical examiner's office for an autopsy. Authorities are still awaiting those results, McMinn said.

James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process.

“Assuming it’s true that this guy was molesting the daughter, and we don’t know what exactly happened at this point, he would then have the right to defend [her], and hit him enough to have him stop,” Harrington told FoxNews.com. “But you cannot summarily execute him, even though I can understand the anger he would have.”

Without specific knowledge of the case, Harrington said he was “surprised” that the girl’s father had not been already charged.

Harrington continued: “The question is: When does it move beyond self-defense?”

Meanwhile, several residents of the small town of roughly 2,000 about 130 miles west of Houston said they supported the father’s actions.

“He got what he deserved, big time,” Shiner native Sonny Jaehne told the Victoria Advocate newspaper.

Along with Jaehne, Mark Harabis was among a handful of people at a local convenience store on Sunday who discussed the killing.

“I agree with him totally,” Harabis told the newspaper. “I would probably do worse. The family will have to deal with that the rest of their lives, no matter what happens to the father. Even if they let him go, he and his child will have to deal with that the rest of their lives.”

The owner of Howard’s convenience store said the killing was a hot topic throughout the weekend.

“Everybody wants to know who it is,” owner Howard Gloor told the newspaper. “Everybody’s very curious about it. A lot of people have said that he got what he had coming to him. That’s been the consensus. They’ve been supportive of doing what needed to be done to take care of the problem.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/12/tex.../#ixzz1y0PMG16i

Re: Well there went that idea....

I find it funny that in a thread the other day about this it was brought up that the only possible place in TX this guy could be convicted by a crew of 12 would be Austin.

And there it is....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process.</div></div>

Wow... +1 for the dad. -10000000000000 for all "non-profit civil rights groups" Not to worry, he was just sticking up for his NAMBLA brothers.

Speaking of "summarily execute".... this sounds like something to which James Harrington should experience first-hand.

And also, who's the flaming idiot that put a microphone in the guys face? That in itself deserves a beat-down, eh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I find it funny that in a thread the other day about this it was brought up that the only possible place in TX this guy could be convicted by a crew of 12 would be Austin.

And there it is....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process.</div></div>

</div></div>

Yeah, the fame of your lovely Austin has spread far and wide like fertilizer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And there it is....

</div></div>

Yeah, the fame of your lovely Austin has spread far and wide like fertilizer. </div></div>

That was me said that.... I hate even driving thru the place. Gives the rest of Texas a bad name.

Too bad Mr Harrington, that the grand jury won't be in Austin, cuz Shiner Texas, AIN'T gonna indict this guy, thank God.

All the else I can say is that I hope that asshat Harrington doesn't have kids......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chingon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process.

</div></div>

The guy got off easy with a fatal facial beating, these assholes keep pushing and its gonna blow up in their face.

Years ago, as a cop in Anchorage I got a call of a sexual assualt in progress, I got there and one little girl told me that her friend (6 year old girl) was assualted, her brother was holding the guy for the police.

I started down the hill and saw the brother whaling the crap out of this dude who had his pants down to his knees. Didn't take me long to figure out what was happening. It did take a bit to get down the hill though.

Any way I arrested the pervert, who had to go to the hospital.

In court, the asshole's lawyer tried to make me a bad guy because I didn't charge the brother for assualt, Showed pictures of the battered suspects face (it did look like crap).

Anyway the lawyer asked why I didn't charge the brother for assualting his poor client, not suppose to lie in court, so I looks at the jury and simply said, "cause I thought he had it coming". Almost every one of the juriors where shaking their head in agreement.

Got a conviction in a pair of seconds.

Anchorage is more liberal then most of Texas, but parents are parents. All you need is one father/grandfather of a little girl on the jury, end of story.

As a side note, I talked to one of the juriors later. They had the guy convicted half way through the trial, just waiting for a chance to vote. The fell in love with that cute little girl. They really wanted to give the suspect back to the brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyway the lawyer asked why I didn't charge the brother for assualting his poor client, not suppose to lie in court, so I looks at the jury and simply said, "cause I thought he had it coming". Almost every one of the juriors where shaking their head in agreement.

</div></div>

There it is.

I have known a few lefties that were all about compassion, redemption, and re-entry to society. That shit went right out the window as soon as violence touched their own. Then they wanted a death sentence.

Not wishing ill on anyone and esp not on the innocent, but I am of the firm opinion that our justice system would see changes for the good if certain sick fucks were visit certain homes around the country.

Good luck

One thing I have heard over and over, "Everyone deserves their day in court."......Yeah, that AFTER the cops get to em, and IF they live long enough.

"James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned....."

I guess we know the dead bad guy must have had a darker colour of skin than the father...

It is typical of stupid liberals who have never seen violence close up to use inflammatory statements like "questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process."

In the movies people take endless beatings flying against walls over and over again, and a lot of people don't understand that it is very easy to cause fatal injuries with just a couple well landed punches to the head / neck with your bare hands if you have some good weight behind the punch and just happen to accidentially hit the right spot.

In any case the father was fully justified under Texas law regardless of if he used fists / gun / sword / club etc to stop the attack. He did however do him self a huge favour by being level headed when answering questions about it & stating that he was simply focused on stopping the attack.

My guess is that the Grand Jury will most likely toss it out, but if he gets unlucky and has a Grand Jury full of liberal idots and gets charged, I think he would have to have a totally incompetent lawyer to not win at trial.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned....."

I guess we know the dead bad guy must have had a darker colour of skin than the father...

It is typical of stupid liberals who have never seen violence close up to use inflammatory statements like "questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process."

In the movies people take endless beatings flying against walls over and over again, and a lot of people don't understand that it is very easy to cause fatal injuries with just a couple well landed punches to the head / neck with your bare hands if you have some good weight behind the punch and just happen to accidentially hit the right spot.

In any case the father was fully justified under Texas law regardless of if he used fists / gun / sword / club etc to stop the attack. He did however do him self a huge favour by being level headed when answering questions about it & stating that he was simply focused on stopping the attack.

My guess is that the Grand Jury will most likely toss it out, but if he gets unlucky and has a Grand Jury full of liberal idots and gets charged, I think he would have to have a totally incompetent lawyer to not win at trial. </div></div>

Wonder what would have happened if the molester was wearing a hoodie and had a bag of skittles and tea on him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned....."

My guess is that the Grand Jury will most likely toss it out, but if he gets unlucky and has a Grand Jury full of liberal idots and gets charged, I think he would have to have a totally incompetent lawyer to not win at trial. </div></div>

if only he could go back after said idiots on grand jury for lawyer fees when acquitted......if only

Sending a one sentence letter to that group, first thing tomarrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Years ago, as a cop in Anchorage I got a call of a sexual assualt in progress, I got there and one little girl told me that her friend (6 year old girl) was assualted, her brother was holding the guy for the police.

I started down the hill and saw the brother whaling the crap out of this dude who had his pants down to his knees. Didn't take me long to figure out what was happening. It did take a bit to get down the hill though.

Any way I arrested the pervert, who had to go to the hospital.

In court, the asshole's lawyer tried to make me a bad guy because I didn't charge the brother for assualt, Showed pictures of the battered suspects face (it did look like crap).

Got a conviction in a pair of seconds.

Anchorage is more liberal then most of Texas, but parents are parents. All you need is one father/grandfather of a little girl on the jury, end of story.

As a side note, I talked to one of the juriors later. They had the guy convicted half way through the trial, just waiting for a chance to vote. The fell in love with that cute little girl. They really wanted to give the suspect back to the brother. </div></div>

Damn, Kraig, besides of the fact that you're Viet Nam Brother, I knew I must love ya for another reason!!! That there pretty damned well sums it up, Buddy.

God bless ya!!!!

My question is this:

If the father had walked in and found the exact same situation, but had been armed and just out-right shot the attacker and killed him, would the father still be in as much potential trouble?

What I'm wondering is, was it "how" he killed the guy, or that he killed the guy at all? If it was how it was done, then it should be a non-issue. Dead is dead.

The attacker got off easy. I hope that father gets off free and clear and I hope that little girl is able to forget such a horrible thing...

they should give the guy a father of the year award, i surley hope there is no jury in my country that could find this guy guilty of anything and say they did could he not plead temp insanity. would any father not find himself doing the same if not more.send this guy to wy we will give him a hero welcome.

it sucks he and his daughter had to go through the whole mess. the bad guy is dead and the father is now not going to be charged. nice to hear a story go the right way for once.

Read that this moring KS. Thanks for the post.