• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well, we adopted

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
Our new German Shepherd.

The original owners moved to another state and they did not take him but gave him to a rescue. The rescue kept for a couple days, he ended up adopted by an elderly woman who decided he was too big and sent him back to the rescue and then they sent him to a foster home for 2 days which is where we got him. Poor guy doesnt know what the hell is going on with his life. He is 10 months and almost 75#

He was so neglected by the owners he did not even know his name. He has absolutely no training and is still trying to puppy bite. Ive got him doing sit, stay, laydown and release in 48 hours.
20230618_153112.jpg
20230620_205030.jpg

Last edited:
Way to do a big bounce back after your terrible losses.

I'm happy for you, that's a great dog!

Reactions: gatorbait308
Beautiful! Good on you!!! My GSD rescue of almost 10 years is right by me, waiting on a ride in the truck!

Shit man, you gonna need a bigger cage. LOL.

He looks way more puppy in picture two than picture 1.

I like the way he looks at you. Looks like he knows he got a great home and family. I pray he turns out to be a wonderful dog. They really can be such a blessing.

Reactions: Grey Kiwi
You're a good man for rescuing that boy. He doesn't know it yet, but he's adopted a good family.
He's still a puppy, but he will take some time to adjust. I have three rescues, one was abused and dumped, and they all, especially the abuse one, needed some time to adjust. Your boy has a good look in his eyes. I think he will adjust very well. He is a handsome young man too.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Reactions: UKDslayer
God Bless you. He is going to be a little of a challenge due to his prior owners screwing up.
We are at the vet currently for his first check up......86 f!@$$ pounds at 11 months! That kennel is an extra large....starting to think he is part werewolf
Think about health insurance now - its still reasonable at this age to purchase. I have Nationwide but Costco recently partnered with Figo for pet insurance.

We are at the vet currently for his first check up......86 f!@$$ pounds at 11 months! That kennel is an extra large....starting to think he is part werewolf
My friend had a couple German Sheppards he always called police German Sheppards. They were huge like 150 lbs maybe 200. The big one stood taller than my waist at the shoulder and I am 6'1". If they wanted to take a guy down. No chance. Lol.

Lost both my guys in the last year and waiting for an opportunity like this to fall in my lap.

You're a good man, congrats. Those that left him behind........well, I get frustrated hearing stories like that but you'll be 10x better for him. If he's already 75# at 10 months he's gonna be a hoss. Our female GSD is 18 months old and we wouldn't trade her for the world. Take care of this breed and they'll take care of you.

That pup is in good hands . Could tell from your accounting of training . A dog is only as good as the effort and love you put in . Just like a child .
Congratulations on your new family member . Hope your heart is big enough to carry all the love that is returned .

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
That's awesome. He should be about 110+ lbs then when he fills out and puts on a little fat. If he stays lean he may stay at 100lbs. That's a big boy for a GSD! I really believe that dogs are God's gift to us. Obviously I'm a dog lover, but the ability that dogs have to effect a family is just awesome, I don't care who you are. He will be a great companion for you, just make sure you take him with you as much as possible and let him meet deal with as many other people and dogs as you possibly can while he's a puppy still. You don't have much time left so get a move on it, and good luck. Beautiful boy!

Our new German Shepherd.

The original owners moved to another state and they did not take him but gave him to a rescue. The rescue kept for a couple days, he ended up adopted by an elderly woman who decided he was too big and sent him back to the rescue and then they sent him to a foster home for 2 days which is where we got him. Poor guy doesnt know what the hell is going on with his life. He is 10 months and almost 75#

He was so neglected by the owners he did not even know his name. He has absolutely no training and is still trying to puppy bite. Ive got him doing sit, stay, laydown and release in 48 hours.
View attachment 8167225View attachment 8167226
They want to please you, he's a beaut.