• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Went a little wild with my 308.

kingzero

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2014
Crack Town, AZ
3IWb1D8.jpg

Shoots pretty good. I have gotten good results with 155's and 178's. I keep loosing primers in Federal cases though.

Shoots pretty good. I have gotten good results with 155's and 178's. I keep loosing primers in Federal cases though.

I hated that even with mild loads i was only getting 2-3 reloads out of my FGMM cases. So now they are in a bucket in my garage probably headed for the trash.

I have a a hundred or so Federal cases I've gone through with my bolt gun; never lost a primer. They've been loaded proably 5 times and annealed along the way. I use them now just to load foulers, and serious shooting is Lapua brass only. The semi-auto must be more punishing I suppose: keep shooting and having fun with it!

You won't lose that thing in the grass!!

If you want brass life try not to get too greedy about velocity. I had a good node around 43.5 of varget but it was punishing the brass pretty badly. I gave up the speed, dropped down a node and the brass is much happier. Chasing velocity with a semi seems to be brass death, especially if you have any early unlocking issues.

I never got close to 43.5 of Varget or 4064 with Federal brass. Anything over 40.5 and I would loose primers on every case. Now I need to start over with the LC brass and see what I get. 40.5 grains if 4064 with 178's gave me a little over half moa. The same load in the LC brass opened up to over moa so I will have to probably drop the charge a little. I haven't chronoed anything yet so I have no idea where im at for velocity.

Only thing that matters if you like it. I painted mine and it's now what others like but I love it. I can say you have patience because that must have taken some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk