• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Went and bit the bullet

ProImaging

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Alabama
www.proimagingonline.com
ordered some reloading equipment yesterday. does anyone see any must have items i may have missed, mainly loading 308,300wm,.223 probably do some hunting rounds for my 30-06 and .270 late on next month
749997 Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Sing...
818489 Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge ...
598844 Hornady Shellholder #5 (7mm Remi...
158440 Lyman Turbo 1200 PRO Sifter Case...
541305 Lyman Turbo Brass Cleaning Media...
428306 Hornady Custom Grade New Dimensi...
315831 Hornady Cam-Lock Case Trimmer Ki...
810810 Hornady Impact Bullet Puller
604242 Frankford Arsenal Electronic Cal...
153780 Hornady Universal Trim Length Ga...
935590 Hornady Custom Grade New Dimensi...
598627 Hornady Shellholder #16 (17 Remi...
440144 Hornady Custom Grade New Dimensi...
570611 Hornady Lock-N-Load Overall Leng...
767946 Hornady Universal Reloading Tray...
181867 Hornady Case Lube Pad and Reload...
648094 Hornady Custom Grade New Dimensi...

Re: Went and bit the bullet

A powder funnel and bullet cases?

You will need at least 2 bushings per caliber, so you'll need to pick up more. As far as needing more than what you've ordered, there will always be more
smile.gif
Additional manuals?
#1 shell holder-.308?
Trickler?
Stuck case removal kit, I like my RCBS kit.

why all this this hornady crap?

lyman tumbler ? id go with a thumblers model b and SS media.

get a lee auto prime

kenitic puller ? eh , hornady cam lock die is better

i did buy a couple of shell holders, already have another wish list building. the #1 is on backorder, had to get it straight from hornady ordered some more bushings while i was at it. my 300 wm is getting the stock bedded so i have a little time. still trying to get everything organized

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why all this this hornady crap?

get a lee auto prime

kenitic puller ? eh , hornady cam lock die is better</div></div>

You say "Hornady crap", yet you suggest a Hornady bullet puller? Then a Lee product?- seems strange...

I do agree that the Hornady is much better than a kenetic.
The Thumblers and SS media are sure nice, but for starting out not totally necessary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProImaging</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i did buy a couple of shell holders, already have another wish list building. the #1 is on backorder, had to get it straight from hornady ordered some more bushings while i was at it. my 300 wm is getting the stock bedded so i have a little time. still trying to get everything organized </div></div>

Let us know when you get it all organized...... I'm still working on that after many years
wink.gif

definitely a Thumbler and some stainless steel media. Id get a good set of Sterret dial calipers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stuck case removal kit, I like my RCBS kit.
...... </div></div>

This is a must! I don't care how much you prep and how careful you are, it is a matter of time till you need it.

Congratulations Prolmaging! You'll find a good deal of things that you didn't think of and opinions that run the gamut.

I started with a RCBS Rockchucker and now use a Dillon RL550. And I have a lot of "Redundancy": that is to say, stuff I found I didn't prefer to use any longer and supplanted with more efficient or faster equipment like my Forster case trimmers, my Charge Master and other stuff I never forget to tell my wife SAVES MONEY!.

Hell, I even have a couple of Lee Load loaders! Bought them used (.223, 30-36 and 20ga) and still haven't ever used them! But what the hell!

Good luck and be safe!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why all this this hornady crap?

get a lee auto prime</div></div>

That's why I like this site...free entertainment.