• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Went Fishing Today

Bugholes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Central TN
www.bugholes.com
I had a customer call and want to fish offshore today, so me being the nice guy I am, decided to work and make some money. I had a feeling that the day would be a good one, there was a thin layer of fog this morning, and the winds were calm. Its been blowing 15 knots for the last few weeks and Ive been working entirely too many hours, why not collect some $$ while having some fun, right? 2 miles offshore while catching bait it was as calm as it gets, 75 degrees
jpii3l.jpg

after a few throws with the cast net, the livewell was full. Ready to roll out offshore
e7mliv.jpg

This boat is a beast . A fifty footer pushed by over 2700 horsepower, it does 34 knots with ease- we were at the fishing grounds in no time. Cought lots of fish, kept a few. Got this nice 22" Mangrove snapper, the owner wants me to fish along with him
2ijrn5s.jpg

We kept enough to eat for a couple days. The owner never wants any fish, so I take it and drop some off at friends houses on the way home. Not our best day, but it'll do. Fried snapper tomorrow and ceviche for lunch on monday...
m80ba.jpg

Re: Went Fishing Today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joel.B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how many thou$and to fill that fuel tank?</div></div>
I deliver the boat from FL to NY and back every year, we burn 600-750 gallons/day and average $2000-$2500 refuel daily. It carries 1200 gallons and I put $5000 in it one day last year...
Not my $$$, thank god

Re: Went Fishing Today

Nice catches, but $2500 a day for fuel.... wow.